First DWC (basement grow Room)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GrowTime777, Jun 6, 2017.

1. #1 GrowTime777, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Hi Guys, first grow didn't go too well. Had a hard time with autoflowers and nutrients. So I switched from soil to dwc and to photo periods.

Two strains going, 3 Jack Herer and 3 no name Kush.

Using the advanced nutrient line up with the Sensi PH perfect base.

Using this one 600 watt HID (MH for veg and HPS for flower) surrounded by four 300 watt mars hydro LEDs. So around 1200 total watts at the wall.

I'm about 2.5 weeks in from seed on 4 of them and about a week and a half on the 2 I decided to add after I got more light.

Having a little issue with algae but I have hydrogaurd coming today to take care of that. Water temps have been high at around 72. Thinking about adding another air pump.

3 out of 6 planted have been FIMmed as I have never done it before.

Here are some pictures:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I suck at posting pictures sorry for all the doubles. Any suggestions or notes would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. And is that algae or just a film from the voodoo juice and b-52 I'm using?

4. Probably a good idea to get all that carpet covered up, looking good though

5. I was considering it but the carpet it going to be removed after this grow and tile is getting put it. Would there be any negatives to the carpet besides destroying it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey man this set up looks awesome.

That Green stuff is probably algae just wipe it off with a wet cloth.

Also, I'd consider keeping that carpet in if you live in a super cold place, if not instead of going through the mission of removing the whole thing just staple mylar over it or onto a board that fits the floorspace.

7. It actually rinsed right off when I did a res change today which is awesome. The roots are doing great so I wasn't too worried I just didn't want it to turn into something more.

My plan with the tile was to put a bathroom tile heater underneath the tile so if the room/res get too chilly I can have that kick on. I just hate carpet haha.

2017 DWC Journal

8. A little video tour of the room

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I've been pruning and topping quite a bit. I feel like i may be going a bit overboard but they seem to be growing out beautifully. I'm gunna try and not do anything to them this week and just let them grow. Thinking I'm gunna flip them to flower this Sunday.

2017 DWC Journal

10. This is looking just fantastic man.

Cant wait to see those flowers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Nice job man, they're looking real good!