First indoor micro grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stinkweed740, Aug 9, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Yeah the plants definitely loved the light upgrade as well as the larger pots. Since the upgrade they've really taken off.

And yeah so far I'm very happy with these plants, this being my first grow I didn't expect everything to go nearly this smoothly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The reason it went into 2 crowns is it got topped somehow by accident most likely.
    They look great pal your doing well

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had kind of wondered about that, it started pretty early on but I figured I'd just roll with it. Should I expect my yield to be lower from that plant or anything? Or is this a pretty insignificant defect?

4. It's something we do on.ourpose to give the plant 2 tops instead of one mate. Have a read on topping and fimming

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. So I’ve been a little busy and haven’t had much time to take pictures for a recent update. But I had a day off and a little spare cash and decided to upgrade my setup a little more.

I decided to setup a dedicated corner of my garage and build a small grow room.

I didn’t take any pictures of the actual build, but I’ve got some pictures of the finished project.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I still have to order a nice electronic thermometer to mount in here, and I need to get an exhaust system of some sort.

But that stuff will come with time. For right now it’s been a long day of working on this project, it’s time to enjoy some bud and relax

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. So I’ve got the grow box set up a little more now, I set up a basic ventilation and exhaust system. But for some reason I’m getting a lot of yellowing on both plant #1 & #2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I don’t know if the plants are stressed out from moving, or what. I’ve been keeping them on their normal watering schedule.

I’m hoping somebody with a bit more experience may be able to chime in about what this may be and how I can fix it

7. #29 Lett3rman, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    I dont know what kind of nutes you are using, or what kind of water. Alot of beginners do not PH their water, and if this is the case you have been super friggin lucky with the plants so far. My educated guess is a magnesium deficiency. If your not already, try using a cal-mag supplement with your nutes. Anything i say right is only a stab in the dark, but i can help if you tell me what nutes youre using, and what the % of different nutrients in it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah definitely looks like it could go for some magnesium grab som botanicare cal-mag $20 a quart.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. And your either over watering or have some nitrogen toxicity possibly some of the leaves that aren't rusted are a little dark and clawing but that could just clear up with the cal-mag.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. I try to let the soil dry out as much as possible before watering. I also rough up the top of the soil so that the water soaks into the soil more evenly

11. So as far as nutrients, when I started this whole thing I ordered a whole package. It came with my seeds and the nutrients. I have done some basic research about them, but do not possess much knowledge in any of this. Here is what I have been using.
    [​IMG]

I’ve tried to look into them a little bit but haven’t dug much up as far as how much nutrient to be using, so any advice on that would be appreciated.

As far as water, I have just been using plain Jane tap water. I do live in town so I’ve been pouring it between containers and letting the water sit for a day or two before using it. But I have not done anything with the PH of the water, nor do I have the first idea of even how. But that is a topic I can do more research into.

There is a good possibility that I may be overwatering as well. As a general rule I’ve been sticking my index finger into the soil to the first knuckle. If it’s dry then I have been watering, and if not I wait until it is.

12. So those packets you just add to whatever amount of water is recommended? Pretty convient that is. There many differnt brands of liquid nutrients that you measure and administer yourself. General consensus is 1/4 the recommended from bottle. Better too little than too much because its easier to add nutrients to soil than take out. Also, testing Ph of the water your applying to your medium as well as the run-off is pretty easy. You can buy a general hydropics kit that will get the job done and allow you to keep Ph in or at least near optimal range.

Attached Files:

13. No nutrient table on the back??? epsom salt will supply magnesium but calcium is a little less available. In my experience, you can achieve the best results by using both bloom and grow nutes. If your plant is in veg use more grow than bloom, and wheb you flower slowly start changing to full bloom so that by week 4 you are no longer using grow nutes

• Like Like x 1
  14. The ph test kit is vital to healthy plants. Im amazed that you have plants looking this good without a controlled ph

• Like Like x 1
  15. A ph kit and no nutes is better than having nutes without a ph kit

• Like Like x 1
  16. With watering. Fill a pot to the point that it gets run off and weigh it.
    Then pick it up daily.
    It will get lighter every day until that stops. At the point it stops getting lighter that's an empty pot. U now know how heavy it is full and empty.
    Water them, then just lift each pot to see how empty they are. eventually ull be able to feel it when it needs water. but u can use bathroom scales if it not sure.
    Finger in isn't always accurate depending how it's made and what kind of soil it is. How compact it gets etc.

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

17. Ok guys, so I don’t have much time to write anything out. But today I went ahead and got online and ordered a PH tester, and PH up/down. Should be here this weekend sometime, so hopefully all will be well once I get this all under control

• Like Like x 1