First indoor micro grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stinkweed740, Aug 9, 2017.

1. #1 Stinkweed740, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    So I decided a couple months ago that I wanted to try my hand at growing my own bud. So I started doing some reading and checking prices on different setups.
    I was looking at getting a small tent setup and putting it in the garage or spare bedroom, but decided I didn't want to invest that kind of money just yet. But I've got a spare closet in an unused room in my house, so I busted out some tape and foil and went to town getting the closet all ready for whenever I got the rest of the setup.
    I found a site that would ship seeds right to my door, so now it was just time I pick my strain. My goal for this whole project has been to make it as simple as possible so I ended up selecting a white widow auto flower I found online, when I ordered them they were delivered in just over a week.
    Next I had to select a light, I did a lot of research and because I was going to be working in a small area I decided to go with and LED to avoid heat problems in the closet. I found a small multi color grow lamp on amazon for around $30. I ordered it and within two days it was at my door.
    On July 6th I put one seed in a papertowel in a ziplock on the counter and let it sit for two days, and on the 8th I put it in a small seed pod I got from lowes. Keeping everything as cheap as I can I have some large flower pots I repurposed for my grow pots.
    I went ahead and threw a couple pictures on here. Two from the very beginning and two from yesterday.

There is a second plant in there now as well, but I didn't keep record of it nearly as well

How does it look so far? Does anybody have any suggestions for affordable improvements to my setup?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG]

It's nothing fancy but seems to be working so far

3. That may work temporary, but I am certain it won't hold both plants into later veg and flowering. You can get a 300w marshydro off Amazon for 65 USD which will be a lot more effective I am certain. That might be fine for seedlings but won't work long term.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Awesome, thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 2
  5. A friend of mine has a ViparSpectra 300, looks nice enough for humble beginnings[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. [​IMG]

In the last couple days my plants got a scenery change, and a light upgrade. After talking to a guy at our local indoor gardening store he agreed that the MarsHydro were solid lights and I ended up picking one up for just over $50.

The plants temporarily got moved into another closet in the house, and I'm currently looking into building a grow box in my garage. Until then they seem to be doing well

• Like Like x 1
  7. So just a little progress report.

Plant 1 is doing very well it's growth has been great the last week or two, It is measuring in at right about 7" right now. It is at almost exactly 6 weeks from seed.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Unfortunately the report on plant 2 isn't quite as satisfactory. It is about two weeks younger than plant 1, but has far fewer leafs and just doesn't look quite as healthy. It appears to have split off and has two small "canopies", I still plan to let it continue and see what the results are. It measures in at about 5.5-6"
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. So as of this morning both my plants are measuring in at right around 8" tall, I'm seeing just a little bit of yellowing on the end of some of the top leafs.

This is plant #1 [​IMG][​IMG]

And here's plant #2
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So far for this being my first grow I'm very happy with the progress.

• Like Like x 1
  9. After having spent quite some time in their 1 gallon pots I decided it was time for a little upgrade. [​IMG]

10. Did you drill holes in the bottom of those? Looking good btw what light is that

11. Yeah I drilled about a dozen small holes in the bottom, and it's a marshydro 300. Got a pretty good deal on it and am very happy with it so far. Overall I'm very happy with my results so far considering how basic my setup is.

12. Next thing I will be growing in that whole room instead of a closet. Unless u are growing in a non weed friendly state. Of course I will need good temps where u live. Its what I do hillbilly indoor I call it. Grow like outside inside. Just get good lights

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Unfortunately for now Ohio still frowns on marijuana, so I'm planning to keep it small scale for the time being. I've decided to start an additional 2 plants (hence the extra two buckets), and since space is getting kind of limited in the closet in the next week or so I'm planning on building a box for them in my garage. It'll give me a little more space and I can setup the ventilation a little bit better.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Too bad

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

15. Plants are doing very well, plant 1 & 2 have both shown me quite a bit of growth since I put them in their final homes. And plants 3 & 4 just popped above dirt this morning.

On another note, I decided to make some cannabutter yesterday and made a batch of cookies this morning. Going to have to wait until after work tonight to see how they perform. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. So this weekend marks about 8 weeks for plant #1 and roughly 7 weeks for plant #2. Both are measuring in just over 12" tall. It's starting to smell a lot like Christmas around here. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hasn't been much going on around here, but it's time for an update. Both plants are coming in right around 15", getting a lot of smaller development here recently. I've seen a lot of development of much smaller leaves, and the plants have been getting much wider, both of them are now extended outside of the 5gal bucket. Planning on trying to get some good pictures taken this evening