First grow - Miracle Grow Soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Sucrose OG, Jul 27, 2017.

1. There is another issue here: MG is owned by MONSANTO!!
    I never knowingly buy anything they are involved in except GH PH up/down (they own GH too!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Friendly conversation for sure.
    I meant no I'll will and hope you didn't take it that way. Honestly.
    I grow for myself and my wife. If I can hit 1gpw on my personal grows I will take it everytime. Regardless of mix etc. That's all really.

I buy my MG in bulk , by the pallet from my local hardware store. For the gh etc The price points are considerable. I get it for around $1.85 a bag. And have a ton on hand. Literally haha. One of the main reasons I am using it lol
    I have non feminized seeds so I start 10 get 3 females has been my luck lately and have to start more etc to fill in my space. Hence my diff and some small pot sizes.

Quantum boards you say.. now you are speaking the language of my people :)

I have 6 Cobs ATM. Cree Cxb 3590s. I was going to add two more after this but am now considering doing QBs.
    2 Cobs, board, 2 Cobs, board , 2 Cob configuration on a new frame.
    Thinking I may go this route and completely spam my canopy with Par for the winter.
    Saw a thread with these in it.

Happy Saturday indeed !!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. #23 HappyFarmer, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    I can respect that.
    However you better not basically buy anything at the store that has a corn product in it. And it's in like %90 of everything. Like it or not, we are a Monsanto GMO country. I live in a major crop production state. People look at me like I am crazy because I "farm" veggies and not corn or soybeans. Haha
    And, not all GMOs are bad. You take some wheat and engineer it with another drought resistant wheat strain etc. That's good stuff.
    It's the chemical resistant stuff that is awful. I/e roundup ready stuff etc.
    They basically put latent glyophosphates in the food supply and it's systemic. It's terrifying.
    There is gal from MIT that is doing a huge study on glyphosate and the link to autism. Stephanie Miller I do believe is her name. She had a Ted Talk too I do believe. If you want scare the shit out of yourself and look at our food supply. You have been warned.
    We garden because, fak that poison.

Let's keep this on topic though. If MG can actually be used to have a decent cannabis grow.
    Not the social implications of who makes it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #24 Buzzer777, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Thank You..You certainly know your stuff.. I know about the corn product..I saw that Frito Lay uses partially GMO product as well..Again the key word is Knowingly that I used..I respect your opinion and your grow it's a bigly winner..:)

It will not be long before they begin (probably already have) modifying the genetics (NOT crossbreeding either) of Cannabis..That is what Monsanto will do IMHO..I save up and store feminized seeds just in case. When I find a strain I love..cloning is the way to go!
    This is a Clone of some GDP I am growing indoors ..vegging in a closet since my flower tent runneth over!
    (FFOF cut with 25% perlite).
    8-19-17 full recovery.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. I used Maricle grow with my first grow and it's in the final weeks of flowering! I didn't have hardly any issues with nut burn or deficiencies! I fed her from about 2 mths old until now! She's in a 10 gallon pot now in fox Farms ocean blend!

Fem Auto (Amnesia Haze) Come on in and share your auto grow! This is my first

Bag seed grow journal (Flowering)

• Like Like x 2
  6. No you didn't say anything wrong much respect for your method of growing! It was just a conversation nothing more! I look at it like this your growing MJ for you and your wifey that's Awesome! Because there's nothing like the feeling of smoking your own product instead of going to a high priced dispensary/compassion center to buy MJ. I definitely see your point in amending your soil! As long as it's working for you like it is, then who am I to judge how you grow. It's working for you like a champ that's all that counts

I like your light it looks Good and I see how Nice your plants like it! I have an HLG 550 and want to add 4 Cree Cobbs to the corners since they don't take a lot of space up. So that would be another 200 watts I would be getting. But yes the QB's are very efficient and get great light penetration like Cobbs do. They have some Nice kits that are easy to build from what I heard. The 260's are the newest kits they have. With the configuration above sounds Great! you want 2 Cobbs 2 QB's 2 Cobbs and 2 QB's etc... would be a great build it would look similar to this beast of a light! [​IMG] it was Cool talking to you I'll be checking you out! I see you have a lot of knowledge!
    Happy Growing!

Btw: here's my 2 Blueberry's a little over 3 weeks in Bloom. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Holy crap..You put Quantums along side your cobs..YIKES<<
    No wonder your grow looks so fine..:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Both your guys grows are looking fantastic !!

Glad we can have conversations like this. Especially of a highly debated topic such as MG lol
    It's nice this didn't turn into a perpetual dick measuring contest etc.
    As long we are all putting buds in the jars that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
    Man that light above it is killer. Def going to doing something like this for the winter. I can't wait !!

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Exactly!!

Fem Auto (Amnesia Haze) Come on in and share your auto grow! This is my first

Bag seed grow journal (Flowering)

10. #30 Robbie714, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    No that's no my light in that picture it's just a light someone built lol! I wish it was mine! I'm running 4x 304 Quantum boards this is my light. I want to run 4 Cree Cobbs in each corner for an extra 200 watts. an HLG 550 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. I feel like a weak sister..LOL
    Main light is a Nextlight Mini..
    2x Meizhi 450s + 1x @UnitFarms (GC Sponsor) UFO80
    Light 5.jpg Nextlight2.jpg

12. #32 Robbie714, Aug 21, 2017
    @Buzzer777 you have a Hella of a light Set up man! And i'm sure you're at on in the future! Unit farm is the one that gave away the ratchets I received a pair so then my buddy. I seen their light they use them Orsam Diodes. They talk about Epistar my mars 600 that I got plenty of time out of blew 8 blue diodes but when I want to put it on the other day I could see they were burnt but they still work a little bit. It's an old light anywho, got plenty from her but it sucks maybe I'll just buy a cheaper qb or or another panel I'm really only losing about 20-30 watts from her maybe more. I paid $129 about two years ago.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Man..That means a lot to me:)
    Nextlight Mini was recommended to me by @MickFoster whmhas the Nextlight Maxi..Whoooa..
    Both are in the Commercial series (5 yr Waranty)..

Too bad about your Mars..I hear that the Epistars do burn out fast (My Meizhis have them too)
    A GC Bud @SashaDune had the same thing happen to her Mars:(
    Whatever "Sara" is token on..she needs to get that company back on the ball..Too many newer technology light are out and coming out..
    Take Care!!:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dam Buzzer you have that set Real Nice you have a lot of watts there man! What do use the unit farm for veg or is it in there lol! I like your Spread

15. #35 Robbie714, Aug 21, 2017
    I remember you telling me Mick suggested that light to you! It was a good suggestion Buzzer! I know he has the bigger one, but the Mini is a smaller size but your set up is done right! I know if you remember when I had a thread up about mars and their customer service. But I got a lot of responses I'll leave it at that! I got a free mars ll 1600 I disputed through my credit card because they were or were supposed to be discontinued about two years ago! So my credit card ruled in my favor plus they let me keep the light and I didn't buy it directly from Mars. It was a nightmare that's all I'll say. It was just the mars ll series lights. I didn't even get a full harvest out of it before it blew 25 diode's 7 weeks in bloom lol. but they fixed it and I didn't even take it out of the wrapping after I got it back. It's sitting in my basement on the shelf. I'll put it to use one of these days, I did get a great harvest off that light in a 4 x 4. So free grows off Mars lol. I talked to Sacha today about a plant she's growing.

16. I was testing the UF..Put it over 2 plants I am vegging and then moved to the flower tent to see it up against some real competition.
    That Photo only showed the 2x Meizhis and the NLM..
    Switched the Meizhis w/ the UF to see what was happening..I became a major light Junkie!!
    Newer Picture..UF on the left..NLM on the right over 2x GDP. (friggen Sasquatch as a member said..LOL)
    Those GDPs are a really religious bunch..They begin praying early and end late..LMAO
    8-21-17.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lmao! That's impressive Buzzer! The plants on the right using the Mini is Kicking Ass. I like the UF to but the Mini is a beast! How far along are both sides of or did they sprout the same time? They definitely are praying Big time!

• Like Like x 1
  18. HahHah..Sprouted about 1 wk apart..vegged about 7+ weeks..41 days since the flip..Will be looking for a nice harvest and good smoke with them,
    Last grow was 1x 00 Kush, 1x Gorilla Wreck#4, 1xBig Easy OG and 1x Acapulco Gold Bagseed from my mmj..
    NOW, GET THIS..it is not my favorite strain, but the plant I grew from the Dispensary seed, was way more potent that her mom..:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's a pretty big difference IMO! The whole canopy looks great! But the Mini is winning. I'm surprised your dispensary weed had a seed in it!!! That's Good though it's a Good bag seed not like buying weed from the street and finding a seed Haha! How did you like the gorilla wreck #4? It was an auto? What's that you're growing now. Acapulco Gold Nice! Back in the day Strain!

20. Yea I think so too..did a mini comparison for the UF guys,,I think they might have taken it wrong though..they thought theirs was winning..LOL
    GW#4 is fantastic..POTENT like GG#4 with a super Yield.I hear that she will hermie sometimes though..never found a seed in her jars..:) Did find a couple in the others last grow (00 Kush, GW#4, Big Easy OG and the bagseed..)
    Look here:
    Unit farm led