Few bad leaves, cut or not?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by udfxrookie, Apr 5, 2016.

1. I have my ladies at different stages
    Silver Haze 3 weeks into flower
    Cotton candy I left in veg for 2 months
    Power bud & Sour Diesel week 4 bloom
    I just purchased an additional tent so I got girls,girls,girls,girls... growing and learning as I go....
    How about you, got a Grow operation ?

2×2 Closet Grow Autoflower Grow Journal

2. Nice! Yea I'm currently in my first grow and have a couple bad leaves too so this post was pretty relevant to my situation.
    The plants you posted pics of look a week or two ahead of mine but I feel like mine is growing really slow so I was wondering how old yours were so I could compare.

Here's a link to my journal:

Indoor Bathroom CFL Grow (First timer)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. They are about 2-3 weeks old and growing FAAAST.
    I am using CFL's and have 8-6500k 1800 lumen bulbs and 4-5000k 1600 lumen bulbs on 24/7, fans for breeze and ventilation.
    Light is kept very close to plants as well (3-5 inches max away).

• Like Like x 1
  4. according to : CFL Light Tutorial
    I need a min of 3,000 but closer to 7,000 lumens per sq/ft
    With my setup I'm closer to 2.5x2.75 or 6.875sqft
    Meaning I need min of 20,625 lumens to 48,125 lumens

My setup gives me 20,800 lumens or 2,971.42
    Does this mean I need to double what I have right now?

I plan on getting reflectors around everything but curious on how to help myself with heat and airflow, ideas?
    Right now I have it open most of the time keeping it between 80-83F but when closed it gets between 89-91F....

However I do have to report they look GREAT compared to a few days ago... really took to the soil!

5. Just got a hid mh hps conversion balast setup up. Cfls work good to get them up and running but once they get bigger they just want more

6. Was thinking about doubling the CFL's, still way less heat and power then HPS and I'm already facing heat issues.

Also saw Tokes LED setup and past grow's he's accomplished with 1 300w LED grow light... was thinking of getting one of those and adding it instead of doubling the CFL setup... thoughts?

7. From what I read (no experience) led work well once you got distance worked out just like hid. The only reason I did not go led was the price 1200 for a 600 watt decent led.......

8. They should last year's buts the diodes die out premature I hear

9. I have a T12 fixture I could hang in there but it's a beast. I had it in there first and swapped to the CFL's.
    I could also grab two T5 fixture with dual bulbs and hang those so I would have 4 T5 bulbs and split the CFL's and run those across the sides.... still trying to stay away from HPS lol

10. Looks and sounds like over fertilization. Plants don't need much nutes in veg stage, they take up micro nutrients and trace elements directly from the soil. Most newbs overfeed and overwater to the point of loving them to death. The problem seems as simple as leaching them out w/fresh water at 3 gallons to every gallon of soil then go easy on the nutes till their root mass can handle the grub. Good luck rook.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Appreciate all of the advice but it wasn't anything to do with chemicals, etc.
    The problem was when I first put them in the solo cups there were pockets of air the roots were growing in...
    BIG pockets, soil wasn't packed,settled, etc.
    Once transplanted into the FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil they took off. Everything is looking gold... or rather green =)

Now... I've been on the question of proper lighting.
    I've added 8 x 1,600 lumen 6,500k bulbs and moved the setup around a bit... now I need to get another two smaller fans for pushing the air up out of the plant area and I think I'll be good on temp.

12. Tips curling at the ends... getting hot in there.... Gotta work on a cooling solution like asap!
    Neat thing is the room is right next to the main return vent,so I can vent straight into that and when the house A/C kicks on it sucks the heat right out.... but I need to replace with cool air, ideas?

13. Not sure if someone has mentioned this, but leave them for now and:
    Never cut.
    Later, if they're bad enough, pop them off with a tug or a gentle snap. Plants heal better if you mimic natural types of damage.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.