Indoor Bathroom CFL Grow (First timer)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Aqualung, Mar 24, 2016.

1. #1 Aqualung, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Hey Everybody!

Figured i would make a grow journal so I could share my experience and also to get help along the way.
    I have 4 23w daylight CFLs but only 2 of them are really doing anything at the moment.

Like the title says, its in my bathroom because i can't afford to make a grow room yet, I plan to for flowering though. Its kind of a weird setup so i would love to hear everyones input on whether or not it will work.
    Specifically, i would like to know if i need to add any kind of reflective material around my lights/plant.

Ive been reading up on the method of "main-lining" and I'm thinking about trying it. Mainly to try to train the plant towards the outer bulbs so i can utilize all 4. Would love to hear any opinions on that idea also.

Im at day 9 from planting the germinated seed, but it was on my windowsill for the first 7 days and moved to the lights a couple days ago.

Also, the seed came out of some sour d that my friend gave me. (he got it from a dispensary so I'm pretty sure its sour d).

without further ado, heres my baby and my setup: image4.JPG image1.JPG image3.JPG image2.JPG image5.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. Day 2 of my journal.

My light arrangement has been bothering me so I decided to do something about it. Went to Lowes and bought a couple y-splitters and installed them.

A decent amount of growth for 24 hours which I am happy to see.

Here are some new pics

Also, do you think I would be better off putting just two of the bulbs really close to the plant instead of 4 at a larger distance? image1.JPG
    image2.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. #3 Aqualung, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Day 3 of my journal

I'm gonna try to update daily for the first couple weeks. I want this grow to be well documented so I can look back on it during future grows.
    This is day 11 since planting seed.
    image2 2.JPG image1 2.JPG image3 2.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Day 4

[​IMG][/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sweet I'm loving your set up, you definitely made a good choice moving your lights :) I'm subbed up mate all the way, I'm using cfl lighting for my grow aswell :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks! Im super excited to see how this turns out. Do you have a grow journal?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes i do here's the link
    Closet Grow (Super Bubblegum)
    Feel free to check it out or ask any questions over there. I'll be watching your grow for updates ;)

8. This looks pretty interesting, love the creative use of your bathroom lights! Will be watching for sure.

Have you thought about what you are gonna do when she gets taller? Seems like there is only room for little seedlings?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Day 5 of journal.
    13 days since planted.
    image1 3.JPG
    image2 3.JPG

10. Looks good! Ill definitely be following your grow also!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks man also, tip try not to say day 5 or so of the journal try to just say the age of the plant sometimes it's confusing.

12. There's more room than it looks like but I plan to train my plant towards the lights as it grows. Basically end up with a pitchfork shaped plant with 4 mains which all point toward a different light.. does that sound doable? Also I plan on moving into a grow box for flowering because It will be impossible to prevent light leaks in the bathroom.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ha will do, I was starting to confuse myself also.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lol, also it is doable to train your plant this way, hanging like that looks scary i won't lie but it's probably secure there, a grow box would be much easier for you to Handle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Its really secure but I'm starting to think ill move to grow box before flowering even. Its just convenient in the bathroom because there is a fan and i dont have to worry about overheating. This is a very low budget grow lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I say if there's a will there's a way! But it does look like it will be a challenge :)

I bought a grow tent from eBay which is 60cm x 60cmx 140cm, it's called Budda room or something, was only €38! I love it! Consider upgrading if possible le to make your life that bit easier but I'm sure you can pull it off!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Look that plant is gon grow in veg man there's not that much space up there, perhaps find a corner in the room and move the lights down?

18. Thanks for the advise, ill look into it. Seems like the consensus is that I need to get a new setup so ill listen to you guys! probably gonna wait a week or so before i do it though.

19. The lights are stationary. Gonna just have to redo my whole setup. Not a big deal I think ill just move to my closet. I appreciate all your input by the way! Keep it coming :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  20. It's a fine starting place, no doubt, but she will outgrow it in about a week probably so you have a bit of time to get something sorted!

• Like Like x 1