DWC 2x2x4 450W LED grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Weaponized, Aug 7, 2017.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Do you run the light with all three switches on? I have the same one and was just curious if people actually separate the colors with increased growth versus full power all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. The light I'm using is the 450w with veg and bloom switch, i don't have the dimmable one, so I am not sure. I can tell you that i run the just the veg and I'm pretty sure the uv is on as well. Also I learned in the this light is strong, so for seedlings i would suggest a fluorescent or cfl. I was using the led for a little but noticed light damage starting to take place, so i switch to a fluorescent till it got its 3rd set of leaves then i put it back in and now its doing great. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Update. Just topped off res with phd water. Monday will be a complete res change.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. seems less, while VERY effective, seems like 1-2" is a deal breaker on healthy plants , or plants w too much light! love my leds!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Update. I am gonna do a nute change tonight. Just waiting on the water to filter.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. So just wanted to know what you guys think. I wanted to k ow when you guys think i should flip to flower. I tried to research chemdawgs flower stretch and i get mixed results from like twice the size to four times the size for flower stretch. I only have a 4ft tent so height has always been the issue. Currently i plan to flip when the outer squares are the only empty space left, which should be in about another week.

7. Yeah if your working with limited hieght I would flip asap and then next time you'll know for sure if you grow the same strain

But I'd say if you only have 4 ft you may not have enough space for your lights after a few weeks in flower

8. #119 Weaponized, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Thanks for the input and i will be taking this advice. So i will start 12/12 tomorrow. Also ill get measurements and post to give you guys a better idea off how much space i actually have.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/QUOTE]

9. #120 mdottite, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/QUOTE]

Most LEDs are known for keeping our girls stout all throughout flower. My last batch I used my LEDs to flower an Acapulco gold, she vegged for 12 or 13 weeks before I flipped in a 2*4*5ft tent. And ag is mostly sativa so she should've been about 6ft but she maxed out around 2.5 ft tall, not including the 7gal fabric pot she was sitting in. So I think, ESPECIALLY with that scrog, your golden... Although, there's nothing wrong with playing things safe, if find a secondary tent just Incase something with more height. I have three tents, a 2*4*6(flower), a 2*4*5(veg), and lastly 2*2*4, the same one as you but that's my propagation/seedling tent.

BUT!...

I've seen a few people on here pull HP's off that very space with scrog so I think you've got most of us beat already. I'm interested in seeing how this goes.

Beautiful plant btw and good luck

PS, a second scrog net just a few inches above the first one might save you from having to get a bigger/taller tent. Just fill it in with the flowering stretch, it should suffice.

• Like Like x 1