DWC 2x2x4 450W LED grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Weaponized, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Hello,
    So i have grown for awhile mostly outdoors and a few indoors, but my indoors were usually extremely budget. I have finally upgraded and wanted to start a proper grow journal.

This will be my first time growing with a scrog and using LEDs, so if you have any tips I am all for it.

Lastly, I would like to say that I am still waiting for the seeds so I will post the set-up info and when the seeds come I will start the updates. Here we go.

Tent: 24"x24"x48" (2'x2'x4')

Light: 450W Viparspectra 12-band Full spectrum LED
    Actual Draw: 200W (according to manufactuer)

Ventilation: 190 CFM w/carbon filter

Hydro: DWC
    Median: Rockwool and hydroton

Nutrients: GH Flora series performance pack

Strain: Fem Chemdawg from humboldt seeds
    https://www.gyo.green/humboldt-seed-organisation-chemdawg-hmb-chm-f.html

If you have any questions or advice please dont hesitate to post.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Really should of gotten a 5 foot tent at least but 4 will work just make sure you use a nice short wide pot. I use a 4x2x4... I couldn't fit a 5 foot tall tent so I know the struggles of short tents haha it can easily work I'm currently using buckets but will be switching to shorter fabric pots next grow. feel free to check out my grow. The light will work fine it's around 200-220 actual watts so you can grow a decent sized plant just don't skimp out on the veg time... really get her bushy and completely fill out that scrog and you can get you a decent enough yield.... is smell going to be an issue? If so may want to consider a cheap carbon filter.. also what are you planning on using for intake/outtake? Also if vipa doesn't come with yoyo hangers I'd recommend picking a set up on eBay for acouple bucks.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds like a good setup. Height will be your battle. Just keep topping lsting and supercropping and get that scrog as low as you can.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yup im seing it now i just got the dwc in. I will post pictures in a little.

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG][​IMG]
    The carbon filter is coming tues. Then im just waiting on the seeds. I really overestimated what 4 ft. would actually be. I have done micro grows before so im ok for now with this space, but in the future im thinking 5 ft min for this set-up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah just pin the fuck out of it. Make it grow horizontal and as soon as you can fill the scrog flip it. You'll do fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The fan and carbon filter came in. Gotta figure out how to make it all fit. I should have just went with a 5 ft. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. Return the tent and get the one you want. If you bought from amazon they have a good return policy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I think i might just save up for a bigger tent and just keep this one for a mother tent in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I use my old small tent for drying. And storage. Lol. But it's a godsend for drying. It also doubles as a lung for one of my flower tent intakes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice. Yea im goin out today to get zip ties. Should be all put together by tonight, tgen just waiting on seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Atleast you didn't get a 6" carbon filter lmao that'd be a fucking nightmare... I made the mistake of getting the biggest inline fan ever so it's a pain in the ass but thankfully I had gotten a 4" carbon filter... I have it halfway rigged up but after this grow I plan on doing my setup better... I mean I do only just have some tape and string holding a heavy ass filter right over my plants haha[​IMG] I'm in a 4x2x4 so double your space but I'm working with the same height. Then I have my intake up top as well and just have it blowing on the canopy.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hang the fan outside the tent. That'll give you a bit more room. And if that's the intake up top to the left you should have it at the bottom somewhere. That way the new air fills the bottom cool and exits thru the top hot.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I was definitely thinking about having the fan outside the tent next go just gotta figure out the best way to hang it up.. as for the intake that was the most convenient place for me. It has a decent bit of airflow and hits the canopy nicely so it's not like it's a passive intake that's just getting sucked right into the filter I have it angled pretty well and it does a decent enough job of keeping the top of my canopy nice and cool. And then honestly the next couple grows hot temps won't be an issue cold temps will. Next summer I may change it up to experiment some idk yet.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 2
  15. I hang mine from the ceiling with eyehooks, rubber grommets, and 150lb wire. Takes most of the vibration out so you don't hear it upstairs. Before I added the grommets the whole house was vibrating. Wife wasn't to happy with that. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. [​IMG][​IMG]

Ok so I have to make it fit, wife wants it all contained. I am thinking though that im gonna bring the net down and instead of a scrog, im gonna use the net as an anchor point and just lst the fuck out if it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have 2 plants scroged out in flower right now that are only about 5 inches tall. But they fill about 80% of a 2x3 net. You can keep them short. They only vegged for like 33 days too from clone.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Question, what distance should my light be at each stage of growth. I was gonna follow the light instruction. Thought i'd ask