Dusting off and updating my stealth cabinet. ****** CHERRY PIE GROW JOURNAL INCLUDED ******

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by StealthyBuds, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Yea, i wish there was a 100% way to tell sex before they flower. It sucks putting in 4 - 6 weeks of work just fo find out they have to be killed

• Like Like x 1
  2. The female is cherry pie. No sense on ruining a good strain with seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. there is, and it costs money, and from what I see its sold out most the time.
    You have to take a sample and mail it in...
    or find a thermocycler and some agar electrophoresis equipment, order some primers...
    not really what the average grower should do, but if you send them in for whatever the cost...

ok looking this up, looks like 4 tests for ~$60, which isn't that bad really. $15 per plant or wait two months?
    check out an example here (linked).

• Like Like x 2
  4. That might be worth it in the long run.

I killed the male last night

• Like Like x 2
  5. Here is my lady after 2 weeks of flowering.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yes. Almost entire grow was done with the ufo, except for maybe 1 week when it was a seedling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. As week 3 of flowering comes to an end, she is still growing strong. So strong, that I have reached the height limit for the light, and she is very close to it. Praying she doesnt burn. I wasnt expecting it to stretch that much. Lets see what week 4 brings.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I enclosed a shelving unit and lined it with Mylar (14 in deep by 36 wide with the light currently about 24 in from canopy); total cost for system under $100. Not nearly as well planned or executed as most I see but outstanding results for an overflow cabinet that can handle veg or flower. Same pair earlier on; the one with the headstart has fallen behind. IMG_20190321_072201.jpg
    IMG_20190519_195455.jpg IMG_20190519_195423.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. I ended up bending over the top of the stem to give it more distance from the light, also pruned some of the big fan leaves to allow more light to the lower/ smaller branches. She is doing very well and drinking almost 2 gallons a week.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. I think it will be fine, but @StealthyBuds, you would prob benefit from earlier training next time. I've posted a thread on this;
    How To SCROG
    I've grown in a tight space using these methods and it works really good.
    I don't care if you 'up' my comments or that thread, I only posted it to help others maximize production.

11. I did do training, and i have already looked at your thread. I remember sayin i was going to try your method on my next grow with some " blueberry Jam " seeds i have. I just wasnt expecting her to stretch like she did. That caught me off gaurd, i also should have trained in the first 2 weeks of flowering. But didnt think she would need it. The ufo light is new to me and there isnt much info on distance for this small space, so I'm pretty much experimenting with it. If i would have used cfl's then she wouldnt be so stretched cause i know the distance they shoud be from the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm sorry I forget, I've been too active on the forums lately. I think you hit it though, experimenting, and I believe you will get it right. You will still yield this grow too so its all good bro.

• Like Like x 1
  13. All good bro.

14. Got a donor dresser for another grow box. Its 4ft tall, 14inches deep, and 2ft wide. I will probably be making this the flowering box due to the space.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Interesting conversion strategy; definitely easier to blend in than my boxy enclosures.

16. I got young eyes around. So the stealthier the better. They already asking me what im doing with the dresser lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shes still alive ..... 5 weeks of flowering.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2