DrCannaP's Organic Fruit Garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by DrCannaP, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Ladies and gentlemen here we go again with another run .. but this time I will document it differently!

Here, I will be documenting all my runs and experiments in this particular grow space (see my previous run in the signature below for additional details and pictures). It is 4' x 6' but the middle 4x4 is what'll be utilized mostly with the back 1' for the plants to stretch there when needed. And I may also hang the scrubber in the upper aspect of that space .. or keep it outside (still undecided).

Currently there are 3x 35L (9.25 gal) pots with cover crop after one cycle (see previous run for soil mix and amendments etc) and I added a 4th pot thats goin to be mainly to run smaller plants and autos (first pic)

Blumat maxis are used to water these pots. One maxi in each pot with 3 drippers spread around the middle!. The 4th pot will get the drippers soon, once I get them in the mail.

The 4th pot is a 30L (7.9 gal) where I mixed 1/3 each: FFOF and CocoLoco.
    Last 1/3 consists of 1/3 of each of sand, FF happy frog soil conditioner and perlite (i doubled the perlite amount actually later) then added 2 handfulls of my hot compost, a scoop of GWS, 1.5TBS of neem meal, 2TBS of happy frog bulb food 3-8-8, 2TBS of kelp which i collected from a beach nearby and dried it
    That was mixed on monday july 17
    On the 18th I top dressed with 2TBS of malted barley and sprouted mung beans powder and watered it in then spread some bird feed seeds and alfalfa seed on top this 4th pot.

The current light run above those 4 pots to veg them and keep them going is a 350w COB LED Optic Grow Lights CXB3070 4000K. I will add at least 640w of HLG Quantum Board 3500K light for flowering later (and here's where I'll document building that light).

I planted 4 seeds in small pots with straight FoxFarm CocoLoco ... I'll keep the girls in those until they're ready for their no till homes!

The seeds are from The Single Seed Center TSSC (so glad your site is back up) and from top left clockwise (and in this order always):

1-Dinafem's Blue Kush
    2-Loud's Sour Diesel
    3-World of Seeds Sweet Coffee Ryder (free seed)
    4-GreenHouse Bubba Kush

Loud's Sour D seed might have gotten damaged by customs or mail people handling and if it doesnt germinate and sprout, a barneys farm Liberty Haze will be planted in its place!

Till next uodate, happy growin yall

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Check out my current Organic Fruit Garden:
    The Doc's 2Strain Trial Organic Run: Tangerine Dream & Pineapple Chunk.
    and my previous QuadStrain grow :
    Thr Doc's 4 strain MMJ garden: CBD Critical Cure and more ;-)
    and my previous TriStain grow :
    The Docs TriStrain adventure: (White Widow, Bubblelicious and Amnesia) Waterfarmed and SCROGed

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ladies and gents, the one seed I was worried about is the one to sprout first hah. Loud's Sour D already sprouted! The Blue Kush is almost poking her head above ground.
    Til next update, happy growin yall
    [​IMG]

and my previous Organic Run:
    The Docs TriStrain adventure: (White Widow, Bubblelicious and Amnesia) Waterfarmed and SCROGed

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sweet coffee ryder ... baaaam ...

Bubba kush is trailin behind .. but I got faith in her lazy ass hahaha
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sadly, the bubba kush seed didnt make it ... so i planted a mystery seed from a pineapple express #2 bud straight in CocoLoco and will wait and see ... til next update, happy growin yall
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. In the process of building my own grow light eith Quantum Boards. The frame is all done and the heatsinks for those 6x QBs are also ready for the boards (first pic). For the sake of cleaŕing the diodes off the floor when wiring, i screwed some longer screws backwards to make little legs of stands for the frame last 2 pics.

I can be done and have about 650w of pure and intense white light but instead i will add some 4000k diodes to add some blue to the spectrum to help with the stretch and also add sifferent reds to help with photosynthesis, Emerson effect and night cycles with the far reds alone. May also add UV in the future too!

Because this will be a more complex built trying to replicate growmau5 quanyum canopy on youtube (minus the aesthetics hah, i MAY document it separately...time will tell til next update happy growin and DIYin yall hah
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. And PE2 is peakin above ground .... all 4 strains have sprouted with the PE2 a week behind the others [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lookin good, I'm also running LEDs and organics. Very excited to see what you can accomplish here.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thanks brother and welcome aboard. I cant wait to see how the girls do in the no til pots (2nd cycle) and under LED .... new to both really and very excited about thia transition

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm currently about 3 weeks into flower on a "just add water" style grow where I've used a 15 gallon fabric pot with about half of it filled with homemade compost. I'm really digging how hands off it is, I got so tired of constantly tweaking nutrients and what have you.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Your Light build is coming along Amazing your going to have a Nice Spectrum! 6x QB's will out do a DE 1k Hid with ease! What are you using 3 260's well what ever you do, it will be a Beast of a light 650 watts! I'm Subbed In for this

Btw: I Like that Frame you built very Nice Bro

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanls bro ... much appreciated and welcome aboard.
    Those 6 QBs will actually be powered by 2x 320H-C2800s .... there will also be about 200w of 4000K and a change for deep reds, far reds and IRs closing on 900w ... but will run it dialed down to between 650 and 750 probably.... really hoping to have fun and not burn my family in the process of building his rig or replicating growmau5's actually hah

• Like Like x 2
  12. One of the 3 older pots looks a little off compared to the 2 other older pots (bottom left compared to the 2 in the back). The mint cover crop isnt growing well and the leaf tips are burning. Maybe too much fert? Well for the sake of improving the soil, i added 2 tablespoons of my freshly harvested EWC with a bunch of worms and watered it in all the pots.
    Til next update, happy growin yall
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. I really can't tell to big of a difference. I'm still reading the No-Till revisited version by blue jay, I always see you on there️my soil is still cooking in a 50g tote. This weekend is 4 weeks of cooking! I'm going to starting seedings in solo cups this weekend. It was a toss up between Ice from Nirvana or Candy cream from the Seedsman. I think I may go with the Candy cream because I grew the Ice in a 4 strain ScrOG in a 4x4 with a different light, and it's my Headshash the Ice and Papaya lol no gets there hands on that! The Bubbalicious I grew smells just like Bubble gum, and has a smooth taste, the Aurora Indicia is still curing, but it's good enough to smoke! After these two Blueberry's it's No-Till from here on out. I just need Fulvic acid, covers and red worms. I'll just make a compost bin and worm farm, then I'll add some red wringers to the pot. just one plant ScrOG in a 15-20 g smart pot in a 4x4 my first No-Till Grow. I made a little over 2 cubic feet for now. Keep me posted on that build, of your light! I'll be checking you out anyway

Happy Growing!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wow sounds like some cocktail of fruity strains ya got goin man thats awesome i really do like this no till style too ... though it can get boring sometimes when theres not much to do but watch the plants convert light to sugars lol but those guys in the organic threads make it sound really interesting with all the different amendments for particular enzymes etc ... that whole idea of feeding the soul to feed your 0lants is veru different than that of h7dro with mixing nutes etc
    Happy growin bro for sure

• Like Like x 2
  15. The frame for my diy grow light is complete (1st pic) .... and marked with wherw I want the different diodes to go (2nd and 3rd pics).
    In the next couple of weeks, and while waiting for the rest of the diodes to arrive, I will be setting up the quantum boards and whatever diodes I have and will save the drivers for last. I am still trying to decide where to set up the drivers and controller
    Til next update happy growin and DIYin yo
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. I rolled a joint of Trainwreck/PineappleExpress after finishing the frame and baaaaam got a jolt of energy and set the drivers up on the frame too hah [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dam DrCannaP you're doing an Awesome Good! Your running 3 drivers Nice! Which ones I can't see there the HLG 240-2100a? What are the white switches for? Man your kicking ass! From a 1 to 10 how hard was it for you to build that? 1 being the easiest? I may DIY after I see what new products there coming out with! I'm working on getting a 4x8 tent using my HLG 550 and maybe build 2 HLG 260's that's will give me plenty of light! and use my 4x4 as a veg tent with a panel light I have. you have them on IG: under horticulture lighting group? They have have some Nice builds on there. Can't wait to see your light finished!
    Good Luck keep me posted!

Btw: how many watts from the wall or are you going to be getting DrCanna?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Haha thanks brother ... i try .. i really do ... and for the sake of none but stress relief believe it or not lol
    Alright dor me it was a 1 out of 10 easy but I am very handy and been messing with electricals, carpentry, plumbing, welding etc (obvious some on elementary level just helping uncles) since i was like 12 or so. But the next part, thats wired the controller is what im worried about because I have no experience. Actually I took an elective class back in high school where we had to learn how to and actually do wire up a whole room.
    The 4 white switches are for the 4 drivers/pwr.supply powering this fixture with only one cable plugged in the wall (vs 4):
    I have 2x 320H-C2800 each to run 3 QBs (1 switch each to turn off each of those drives)
    The 240H-C1400 will drive 20x triple white LEDs (60 diodes) 4000K spect to add more blue for veg and during the stretch period of flowering to reduce stretching. This one will have one switch to turn it off all together if I want to.
    The 150w 24V pwr supply will power the LDD drovers thatll power the different red spectrum monos and the light controller and thatll have one whote switch.
    Btw this isnt my innovation... its that of the big guy @growmau5 and im just having fun challenging my ass with this project replicating his quantum canopy fixture (check it out on yt)
    Sounds like a nice plan but its really super easy and cheap to build something bigger like 6 panels with the 2x 320 ... if ya get the A drivers with built in dimmers, youll get close to 700w with the ability to dim down, 6 panels giving you better coverage/spread and next to the hlg550 in that 4x8, youll killllllll .... youll probably drive the 2x 320s dimmed down which means running the panels softer raising the efficiency a lil and prolonging their lives?! ... i dont know ... what do you think?? Can even source a large piece of 3mm (1/8inch) aluminum locally and save on buying heatsinks and paying for shipping them. I paid close to 400 dollars in shipping for all my orders for this fixture
    Theoretically, i can get about 1050w (maybe a lil more) if I push everything to max, but ill be running everything dimmed down to like 700w during flowering and at different light spectrum mixture/cocktail throught the day!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alright alright ... all the drivers are wired and connected to one plug!. I have switches to turn on and off each driver separately [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4