Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. #1581 PsychedelicSam, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    After adding 2oz of water to your 1oz of GD it would take 3x as much. If the concentrated GD dose was 1ml then you'd have to use 3ml to equal the potency. You would then have an emulsion and would need to shake your tincture before using to get a consistent dose. :mellow:

Edit: You can do what I do and many others. I'm a wuss when it comes to the burn so I put my GD dose in a shotglass of water and swish it around in my mouth as long as I can before swallowing. There is no burn and often you can taste the flower which can be delicious. You could use koolaid or other flavoring if you want but that way you're not diluting your whole tincture.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #1582 Tokintb12, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Edit

• Like Like x 2
  3. #1583 Tokintb12, Apr 12, 2020
    Edit

• Like Like x 2
  4. #1584 Tokintb12, Apr 12, 2020
    Edit

5. #1585 PsychedelicSam, Apr 12, 2020
    These have been moved to the main tincture thread so that we can carry on the conversation to a greater degree than we can here. I'm leaving the quotes here just in case something happens with the copy transfer, it won't be lost.

Thanks. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

By the way, great job and I look forward to discussing it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hey, so I followed this tincture recipe perfectly (Freezer method), did four strains colors were beautiful, even did the second wash. When I was about to throw away the bud after the second wash I figured I would just combine and cover with 190 proof again and stick it in the freezer. I shook it every so often then took it out 5 days later and filtered. I had about 100ml of tincture. I decided not to boil down and transfer to oil, so I just took 10ml. Wow, for me I added 3 days of medicine. Maybe more because I am just into this 10, and it might be coming on a little thick ha ha! Has anyone else tried this and have had success with a third wash?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. @HiSean, that is called a depletion batch. I'm glad you find it worthwhile.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks! 3 days is not a much, but when you have to go through what I go through to get it, every bit counts!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh, yeah. Check these out to see some of my efforts and lab test. :)

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 3
  10. That is legit! I am happy to know that my idea was on the right track? Do you think it gains more potency if you let it sit longer?

• Like Like x 1
  11. No, all it does is pull more chlorophyll and other polar compounds. You can tell how much is left if you dry it out then smoke some. That gives you some idea. If i was able to go back and do it again I wouldn't have left my leftovers wet in the jar for that reason. I would have let it dry first then stored it in a closet until I had enough to make it worthwhile. And that doesn't take up extra room in your freezer. You would still use the chilled alcohol, though.

If you get enough and concentrate it enough it makes decent edibles in addition to topicals but part of the issue with using it for edibles is the color and taste. If you dry it first then you'll get a more golden depletion batch with much better appeal. I'm not sure a third rinse at the time of the first two will net you much additional potency and make it worth the extra alcohol. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hi, I decided to give making tinctures a shot yesterday but I didn't stumble upon your thread until earlier this afternoon. I was wondering if you could help by answering a few questions I had?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oh, sure. Whenever you're ready. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. So just from initially reading your first post about how to make the tincture, I already know I have done a few things wrong, and I was wondering how much this would affect the potency and if there would be anything I could do to fix it. Not a mistake, but my state doesn't sell 190 proof, so I purchased 151 proof Everclear. My first mistake was not freezing the Everclear and flower for 24 hours before combining them. I did decarb the flower at 225F for 45 mins and then placed it in the freezer for a few hours before mixing it with the Everclear(room temp). I had it in the freezer for around an hour before shaking it for 20 mins and then placed it in the freezer again for around 16 hours overnight. Then I've been shaking it for 20 mins every hour for the past four hours just because I was bored. Do you think if I leave it in the freezer for around a week and then I wanted to extract it and reduce it by 15%. What do you think? Will it still be strong even though I missed a ton of steps?

• Like Like x 2
  15. You didn't do anything "wrong", just different. The only thing that the freezer does for your material if make the trichomes brittle so they fall off for easier extraction. The freezing cold alcohol keeps it from being so green. An hour isn't going to cool it that much but every little bit helps but that's why it's called "Green Dragon". I would have decarbed at 240°F for 40 minutes but you should be okay.

You don't need to let it soak any longer. The longer it soaks the more chlorophyll you'll extract but doesn't get stronger. The alcohol strips the trichomes within minutes and can be strained then but I like to let it soak a couple of hours. Then strain it, rinse it with the fresh cold alcohol and strain it again. Combine the two runs and filter it.

You're going to have a bit of a challenge because you used 151 instead of 190 proof alcohol. You aren't going to be able to reduce it too much before it starts to separate due to the extra water. If you don't have too much tolerance then 15% should work fine with no reduction issues. Because of that extra water from 151, we usually
    use another step that evaporates it all then adds fresh alcohol for your desired potency.

Take a look at this, especially the last area of the video, to see what's going on. You don't have to reduce it all the way. There are other alternatives. Check this out just to see if that's viable for you. :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sorry, I'm new to this. I created a GC because of this thread. Did you have a link to a video?

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1