Do you recognize the paradoxes in the description of your God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, Jan 14, 2014.

1. [SIZE=14pt]Do you recognize the paradoxes in the description of your God?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Can he possibly be the Omni-everything as described?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=L7jClyinERY&NR=1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZBD-5fLSw[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I find it interesting that God is described as unknowable, unfathomable and one who we cannot possibly understand with our lack of intelligence. He also works in mysterious ways.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Does it sound to you like the bibles authors went a bit overboard in their description of a God whom they say cannot be known or fathomed? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If they could not fathom anything of God, why do you think you can?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]When you do describe your un-describable God, --- based purely on hearsay and book-says, --- as a Christian,  --- do you see that unknowable information that you think you know to be true even though the bible itself says it cannot be, --- as lying?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If not, how do you know you speak the truth?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Regards[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]DL[/SIZE]

2. Jesus, Yeshua, is NOT, I repeat, is not, God (the Alpha and Omega). Just wanted to put that out there.

I can agree with this.

Are you not going to enlighten us as to who the God you idolize is and how you know for sure that Jesus is not the one?

Regards
    DL

4. You just gotta have faith in the lord brah.

• Like Like x 2
    Faith without facts is for fools. I enjoy logic and reason brah.

[SIZE=14pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Martin Luther[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]“[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“Faith means not wanting to know what is true.” - Friedrich Nietzsche - [/SIZE]

Regards
    DL

6. All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.
    Martin Luther

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.
    I've see the light brah, you just gotta let go of all your preconceived notions and accept it and you will know that it's true. Don't fight it, embrace it.

[SIZE=14pt]I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Galileo Galilee[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Voltaire[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I am finished thumping. Let's chat or be gone my friend.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I don't think you have what it takes to covert this Gnostic Christian away from what I knows to be truth for what I know to be false and based on fantasy, miracles and magic.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Regards[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]DL [/SIZE]

8. You must have faith in your teacher. If you are lucky and your intuition is true, then you will have chosen the correct guru to lead you to god. If your intuition is false then your faith will bear no fruit. If you have no faith in the true guru, then also, you will not find the path to god.

9. I'm the true guru, you just gotta have the right intuition to come to that conclusion.

I concur, Jay is the only true guru.  All other claims are lies.  I know this because Jay told me so. 

• Like Like x 1
    I have no faith at all. I have belief and also seek and walk the right path. I speak more of that path in the following link.

http://forum.grasscity.com/religion-beliefs-spirituality/1266196-care-compare-jesus-you-know-one-i-know.html

Regards
    DL

My intuition tells me you're wrong.

According to his post, that is because you don't have the right intuition :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    That is the way of the world. I am right and you are wrong. Who is right and who is wrong? What does it matter who is right and who is wrong. Non-dual is the true path, the true guru lies within.

15. #15 RippedMonk, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

Faith

noun

<div>complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"
    synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; <span>More</span><div><div><div><span>optimism, hopefulness, hope </span>
    "<span>he justified his boss's faith in him"</span>

</div></div>antonyms: mistrust
    </div></div>
    • <div>2.
      <div style="font-size:small;"><div>strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
      synonyms:religion, church, sect, denomination, (religious) persuasion, (religious) belief, ideology, creed, teaching, doctrine <span>More</span>

</div></div></div>
    Belief

Noun

<div>an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
    "his belief in the value of hard work"

</div></div>
    • <div>2.
      <div style="font-size:small;"><div>trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
      "a belief in democratic politics"
      synonyms: faith, trust, reliance, confidence, credence <span>More</span><div><div><div>"<span>belief in the value of hard work"</span>

</div></div>antonyms:disbelief, doubt

</div></div></div></div>

Figured I'd share that since you seem a bit confused on "faith" and "belief."   If you have one, you have the other, in fact they are synonyms.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gnostic Christian Bishop,

Do you categorize yourself as a Christian?
    Would you put a check-mark next to "Christian" on a religious questionnaire?

I heard of Gnostic Christianity before. I thought that sect died out years ago though.
    It was popular in the 1st and 2nd centuries until it faded away. It's rare to see one today.

Are you trying to bring it back?

17. Well you got the wrong intuition. You just gotta let go of your bias .

18.  Wrong by your standards, right by mine. Each person chooses their own guru. The lucky ones get lucky, the others do not.

Are you one of the lucky ones, pickled? I am also one of the lucky ones.

I wouldn't know, that's the point of faith in intuition though. Also, faith in reason.