Care to compare the Jesus you know to the one I know?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, Dec 11, 2013.

1. [SIZE=14pt]Care to compare the Jesus you know to the one I know?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I have been asked to do an O P showing my beliefs and have written a nutshell view to fill that request. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I was a skeptic till the age of 39. I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake and that makes me as hated by Christians today as the ancient Gnostics that Constantine had the Christians kill when he bought the Catholic Church. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of the O. T. God where literal Christians will see God[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]'[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]s killing as good. Christians are sheep where Gnostic Christians are goats.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness or what I call; the Godhead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. It does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have exaggerated tribal mentalities and poor morals as they have developed a double standard to be able to stomach their God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to ignore whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar of excellence and seek further.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Since then, I have tried to collect information that would help any that believe that apotheosis is possible, generally not Christians, --- as they do not believe in the mythical esoteric Jesus that I believe in and churches do not dare teach it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This first clip gives the theological and philosophical interpretation of what Jesus taught and the second clip show what I think is a close representation of the method that helped me push my apotheosis.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Basically, the usual Christian Jesus is their hero and savior while my version demand that man himself steps up to the plate and save himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Which version do you think is more moral and deserving of praise and why?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Regards[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]DL[/SIZE]

2. The devil has stolen your wits you fool. You are going to burn in hell for eternity, just you watch.

I will pray for you.

You waste your time in praying to your Satanic God.

My Jesus already kicked his ass.

Regards
    DL

Want to bet? My Jesus has like 13 years in landscaping, dude trims hedges and cuts grass like a pro. Has your Jesus ever had to jump the border from Mexico to the USA? Yeah... I didn't think so.  :wave:

5. I'm just fucking with you bro. Your post is just really fucking annoying to read, I wanted to fuck with you a little.

6. Wtf ever happened to a tldr summary?

7. [SIZE=14pt]"Basically, the usual Christian Jesus is their hero and savior while my version demand that man himself steps up to the plate and save himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Which version do you think is more moral and deserving of praise and why?[/SIZE]"

I do believe Christ is my savior and hero. In the beginning there was no need for such(which supports what was said in the first video).

I do not believe it would be right to cast aside the efforts of any man, and Jesus did a lot for us.  A man  accepting Jesus and his sacrifice, is like the king striping off his robes and acknowledging he has all the faults of any other, and must perform good works just like the common people. 

Accepting Jesus is to accept our sin, it is an act of humility. How can we be so egoistical that we could not accept another's sacrifice made on our behalf. We may do good works as humans, but first we need to strip off our robes in order to be saved.

It has been said that "the western man perceives a great divide between himself and divinity". The higher we see our selves the more the divide grows, when we become humble and trusting is when we can become one with god. This is what faith is. 

And this is what accepting Jesus as my savior means to me; allowing my self to float peacefully upon him, rather than exerting pressure in order to keep my head above the water.

8. The way I figure it is that I live my life by never harming anyone else, I'm a recluse.  Should I go to hell because I don't like the thought of religion?  Why?

fuck trivialization. We need to be able to have attention spans above the level of three year olds, and put to use the literary skills we learned in school. You might learn a few words if you took the effort.  

I sure did; [SIZE=14pt]"apotheosis" - to deify(learned deify while looking that up),    <span style="font-family:'times new roman';">ecumenist - one who strives for greater christian unity (a word yet to be added to the dictionary)[/SIZE]  </span>

10. Religious belief, through time, becomes mythology. And then some smooth talker starts another "religion".

It amazes me that so many cling to the "truth" revealed in the Gospels, when 40+ contemporary historians (living during the supposed time of Jesus's life) neglected to write about such an enigmatic character.

So you prefer to live by the efforts of others instead of learning to live by your own, to the point of embracing barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that you should profit from the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty.

Quite the morals that. Or lack of.

Regards
    DL

No.

But not doing harm is hardly what a moral man lives by.

For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.

Regards
    DL

Religious unity. Not just Christian unity.

Regards
    DL

14. Perhaps they respected truth in that day while today we do not.
    We prefer tribalism and our tribe right or wrong.

Regards
    DL

15. Here is my view, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I THINK, WHAT YOU THINK, IT IS WHAT IT IS, AND PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DO WHAT PEOPLE DO REGARDLESS, EVEN IF THAT IS USING IT'S OWN BELIEFS AGAINST ITSELF.
    I am glad it is what it is.
    In the end the ONLY thing that matters is ____________, but do you understand?

No. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Regards
    DL

17. What's the point of this thread?

18. I was asked to show what a Gnostic Christian's view was in terms of the archetypal Jesus we believe in.  

The orthodox Christian view is that man was created to be a slave and the Gnostic Christian view is that man is to be free. 

The orthodox wait for God while Gnostics recognize our spiritual natures within and take a literal view of the notion that our bodies are the temples of God, and thus are Gods WIPs, as a consequence of that. I am lies within all of us. So does Jesus if we choose to acknowledge him and her. 

Gnostic Christians had their own recognized gospels but remained esoteric at heart. They were the free thinkers of that day and that is why Constantine targeted them when he bought the Orthodox Church. All because he wanted to be the next Jesus. All because of myths and literal readers of scriptures.

Christians are idol worshipers of their Godinabook while Gnostic Christians allow Jesus to evolve along with all of mankind. Our tribe is the promised universal Catholic view while Christians use the evil literal view.

That is why I ask Christians to compare Jesus'.

Regards
    DL