Disposing of root balls...?

Discussion in 'Security' started by TheAzo, Aug 1, 2010.

1. So - i've harvested my first crop, i've got the bud dried and curing.

I've made hash with the trimmings and then flushed what's left down the loo, and just chopped up all the stems and flushed them too.

Now, what the fuck do i do with these huge-ass balls of dirt+roots? I can't flush that... but we have a shared dumpster at my apartment building, and i'm not sure that's a good idea to dump them in there.

2. cut them up a little into smaller pieces and just throw them away at different times, youll be fine your just tweakin hahhaha

3. black garbage bags are your friend :)

4. Good ideas above... Dump that trash right before the trash man comes (if it's the same times)..

5. If there is any secluded nature near by (not in an inner-city park though) just go dig a little hole and bury them. It doesnt have to be a deep. Or, drop it in a body of water. (this I guess you could do in an inner-city park, as long as no ones around.):hippie:

6. How you dispose of plant materials depends on your situation. I live in a house in a middle-American suburb, upstanding citizen and so on, and I just dispose of such stuff in my weekly yard waste recycling, in one of those super-tall brown paper bags for yard waste, because it blends in with all the other leaves and twigs and grass clippings. No reason for anyone to want to dig through that. Plus I'm recycling my plants.

For an apartment I like the idea of black trash bags into the dumpster.

7. if for some reason you're being looked at by leo, then the trash is one of the first places they will look for evidence. Chop them up slightly, stuff into plastic bags, and take to some discreet public place you can throw them away. I'd even go so far as to wear some gloves so you don't leave prints on the bag. Of course, if you're not under investigation, then it doesn't matter, but I'm a 'better safe than sorry' sort of guy.

8. It's just roots, there's nothing incriminating about them.

9. Actually, the law doesn't distinguish between certain parts of the plant as illegal and thus other legal, it's all MJ.

But from a visual standpoint that's true, it's just generic-looking plant material.

10. Yeah, visual and, well, how are they gonna know its MJ? Roots don't have thc, they sure won't smell like it, I mean, if they really wanted to go through the trouble of taking them back to a lab and testing them... but then if they were gonna go through all that, they'd already have you for something.

11. Stop the car. Push it out. Drive.

12. what i've done (not with MJ per-se) with old root-balls is i take the root ball, whack it against a wall a couple times to get rid of as much dirt as possible (which goes into the garden) and then toss the rest into a composter. if you chop it up and mix it in, it's highly unlikely that anyone would want to sift through a large compost heap (with things like coffee grinds, eggshells, rotting foods, etc...)

though, not saying that the LEO will not do that, just, it's really, REALLY dirty and stinks and after a couple weeks the roots will have likely biodegraded to the point where it's unlikely that you'd be able to tell that they were roots in the first place.

though, if you've got the LEOs on your ass, flushing is ideal... though, whacking off as much dirt as you can would help before chopping it into little bits (and also prevent gravel or any other stuff from causing plumbing problems.)

13. #13 TheStress, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
    Sorry totally disagree !! Don't flush the shit !! You WILL have plumbing issues eventually, especially like that.. Root balls grounded into nothing maybe, soil HELL NO !! Plenty of good ideas above.. Driving with root balls isn't bright either... Just my 2

14. just throw everything in that dumpster its a community one so even if the police find something they cant prove its yours

15. Let them dry, then burn it. If your allowed to have a fire pit it's ideal, if not, then burn it in your grill. I would not flush them, and I definitely wouldn't drive around with it, this is worse than the trash idea IMO.

16. Everything Burns... :smoke:

[​IMG]

17. What to do with rootballs you ask?

Treat them with a product like EM-1, hygrozyme, or cannazyme at about 3x the recommended rate. Keep them moist with that for about a month. By then, there should only be a stem sticking out of the surface. Mix the treated pots into a larger pile of ready-to-go soil and let rest for another couple of weeks. That will give the root eating microbes time to die off in a more aerobic state.

This will save you all kinds of money in the long run, and is well suited for an organic program as it allows slower amendments more time to break down. Simply re-amend and apply an aerated compost tea and you'll be in better shape than before the soils first run. And no more disposing of the bodies.

18. just wanted to say, badass. and +rep!!

19. #19 FunTimeGrowHap, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011

20. hmmm...black garbage bag...dumpster @ homedepot...see where im goin with this?

or if you're really worried just wait for the garbage man and run them to the curb (tie the bags shut) and toss them as he picks up your trash at the complex.

i grow on a property with grass, dirt, etc so i just bury my leftovers. ;)