Defoliation? Need help Please.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CA1859, Sep 12, 2019.

1. I've grown once before, the results turned out okay. Better than I expected to be honest. Now let's get down to business and explain my setup.

Great White Shark- Growers Choice
    Mexican Haze- Growers Choice
    Gorilla Glue Auto(2)- Growers Choice

My Medium is Fox Farm Happy Frog with Perlite. Ratio about 60/40.
    Currently feeding Fox Farm Grow Big and Cal-Mag. I water Generally every 3 days or so. Depends on how the pots feel when i pick them up. I Use Leds
    I have Two LightTunnel Lights(Amazon)
    Lights advertise as 1000w but only Draw 185w Each. Those Two Run at 370w together.
    Next Light is a 600w Maxisun(Amazon)
    Pulls 130 from the Wall.

Im only using the Two LightTunnels currently until i flower, and ill add the Maxisun. When i do ill have a total of 505w in my 4x4 Tent.
    Sorry for the Mess of Info Guys just tryna explain everything.
    The largest plant is the great white shark and the one I have questions about. I had my lights at 22 inches but I noticed how bushy it was getting. I then raised it to 30 inches, it's been a few weeks now and the plant continues to Bush out. I have topped it 3 times and done some LST. I have a total of 8 Topps but you can barely see them because of all the fan leaves and how close the nodes are. Should I defoliate and lollipop some of them off? I'm totally new to defoliating I need some help. Also I noticed some orange edges on some of the leaves witches in the pictures below. I believe it to be a calcium or magnesium issue. Could anyone give me some advice?

Now to the other plants, the tallest one in the orange bucket is a gorilla glue Auto. The smallest one is also a gorilla glue Auto, the final and last one would be the Mexican Haze sitting to the left. I had a total failed experience with autos, it will definitely be my last time. So I'm sorry for this huge book guy's butt thanks for any info and help you can give me!!!!

20190911_205419.jpg 20190911_205135.jpg 20190911_205130.jpg 20190911_205451.jpg 20190911_205526.jpg

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. first out I'd be buying in a $30 light meter has many uses later too

just to be sure you are getting value for those lights

assuming they are close enough

also I'd be going very light on the nutes

with that soil mix very light indeed

I'd go no more nutes for the entire grow

but I'm not you

FFOF is popular with those learning organics as its such a hot soil

little amending is req'd for a 2nd grow

good luck

ps I'd pot up either way to reduce the nute burn!

3. So you think its Nute Burn? How much would the light meter be? And so you think i should just stop the nutes? I dont have the cash right now to buy more soil. I will soon and go up to a 5 gallon. The two autos im just going to let them run there course how they are because there extremely stunted. I will pot up the MH to the 3 gallon also. Thank you for the advice i appreciate it

4. My bad i seen you Said $30 im just tired from a long shift.

5. Doesn’t look that bad.
    I would definitely start plucking on your shark. That sure is leafy. Lollipop and prune and see how it goes.
    I don’t use any nutes so I’m not sure about those.

6. Thanks, well thats just what ill do then. Im not sure how to go about doing so, can you recommend any good forums or tips when doing so? I dont want to take off too much or the wrong leaves. I know to remove mostly large fan leaves, correct?

7. Those BUSHY ONES............are you LST'ing them..........I thought I saw a "pipe cleaner" or something of the sort trying to tie something down.............I would this is just me now......but I would suggest you "LST" them a bit more.....and look at watering.....looks like some of those leaves might show a type of watering issue......but again.....I'm terrible at diagnoses.......

8. This is what happened when I applied my version of LST in a 3x3x6 tent. She's tied down so much, the underbody looks like the pully system from that Tom Green movie "Daddy would you like some sausages" DSC00142.JPG

9. There's yellowing because I took off for a few days and the person who watered the plant thought watering the plant meant feeding it PH 7.2 - 7.5 hard town water. It took me a bit to fix it, but she's in repair mode and much healthier than it was when I got home.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah I just did some light LST about a week ago I plan on doing more soon I was just waiting until I decided to defoliate or not.

11. TRUST ME......once you DO the "hard" LST......you will be able to tell what, IF ANY, needs to be cut.......just my .02

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. What exactly is Hard lst? Do i tie down almost everything and spread it? I get the concept but what parts should i tie down?

13. I REALLY DO HATE to "advertise" how I grow....cuz to each their own......but if you wanna check one of my grow journals out......you might get a "better understanind" of what I am talking about :thumbsup::passing-joint:

ILGM - White Widow Auto

14. Thanks man, i really appreciate the advice!! Good lookin out

• Like Like x 1