CXB 3590 Organic First Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CheckIt, Oct 21, 2016.

1. #1 CheckIt, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    So this is my first Grow Journal, I've been growing for about 4 years now lurching around the multiple forums out there trying to just keep learning. I've have been going back and forth with LED's and HPS. Finally had the funds to finally sit down and do a nice new up grade to the Cree CXB3590's. I have had Mars and some other UFO's over the years and they just couldn't cut it compared to my HPS so I am finally hoping that i will be able to beat my old light this run with these new cree LED's.

What I am running is:
    - 4 x 2 Cree 5000k CXB3590's fixtures for a total of 600 watts
    - Organic Malibu Compost soil (BaS)
    - 4 x 4 Room
    -9 x 3Gallon pots

Genetics:
    2x Exotic Genetixs: Big Smooth
    2x Exotic Genetixs: Blackberry Cream
    2x Exotic Genetixs: Meltdown
    2x Snow High Seeds: Durban Poison BX
    1x TH Seeds: MK Ultra

All of these genetics are totally new to me. I wanted to plant a bunch of new stuff hoping that I can get 50/50 females and take clones from this and run hopefully 1 of each again next round in larger pots or if i like this setup more just rerun it again and push them a little harder. Most of all these ladies(hopefully) are about 2 weeks along.The ones in the back row are my Meltdown and Mk. I Had a problem with my Shiatsu that I had dropped seeds for. Photo Oct 20, 3 16 06 PM.jpg Photo Oct 20, 3 15 44 PM.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Alrighty did my second watering fo the week with coconut water/Aloe Vera

Attached Files:

3. I understand having to start so many in hopes of females. I started my first one with one female seed and six unknown sex ones. I'm currently 50 some days in and only have the amnesia (female) and unknown 1. I didn't have room to veg any other in my 2x4 tent. I think you would be ok trying to veg for eight weeks but only four plants.

You could take a clone and try to flower it to figure out which plant male or female

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

4. Yeah, i typically don't flower so many, I was doing 2/4 in my 3x3 before. I plan on probably flowering in the next couple weeks once my new seedling start getting more growth.

5. Yah I was getting a feel for them. I had just installed them that day when I took the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doing my weekly update here the ladies are really starting to like the new lights

7. How far are your lights now from the top of the plants.

Do you plan on flowering with the lights, I notice the lights are 5000k?

Looking nice though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. They are about 2 feet from canopy right now. I also plan on flowering with these same lights. I am interested in how flowering under just 5k will be. If it's bad then I will add in some 2700k or 3000k next run.

9. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Alrighty here's the ladies again. Finally sat down did some LST on a few of the them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Had a busy week n forgot to upload my picks from this week. Also just switched the lights. Figured 11/11 would be a good marker for flowering[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. So sadly looks like all of my Durban's are males. Followed by one of the big smooths are also male. Starting to look like I got a terrible draw for the first time in a while on M/F ratio

12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So from my start of 9 plants. I am down to 4 females.
    2x Meltdown
    1x Mk ultra
    1x blackberry cream

The very large leaf indicas are my meltdowns. Had to have a size comparison for just how damn big those leaves are

13. So week 2
    The remaining ladies are looking good. The meltdown is so far the most impressive of the three. It almost looks like she is a hermy but they are just the largest pods I've seen this early on[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Couple close ups[​IMG][​IMG]

This bottom picture kinda shows what I mean. It almost seems to be a flower then pistils come out

14. I am definitely finding that my plants are not getting as tall as normal with these 5000k. It will be interesting to see how much weight I can get off these little guys

15. IMG_20161208_095330.jpg Been IMG_20161208_095403.jpg IMG_20161208_095338.jpg IMG_20161208_095354.jpg busy but here are some picks. It's been probably my worst garden I've ever had. Never had plants Hermie like that before or just awful luck with so many males.

The meltdowns all hermied, it was definitely genetically prone. It happened on the onset of flowering.

The blackberry cream female is great though , one of my earliest frost producers I've had

16. IMG_20170107_115214.jpg IMG_20170107_115220.jpg IMG_20170107_115226.jpg IMG_20170107_115237.jpg IMG_20170107_115250.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  17. So with this I am about done with this crop hitting that 55 days. The MK is done but I am going to let it sit a little longer. Pretty excited with how the plants frosted up and how much weight I will be pulling this round