Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

crackling bud.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BlazeLE, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ok so i bought an ounce the other day and when you smoke it it crackles and makes some sparks like a sparkler. from what ive seen online most people say its either not been properly flushed. is it safe to smoke? it smells fine, breaks up fine, doesnt taste bad, but the ash is black though.

all i need to know is if its safe or not. i mean i bought an ounce and would be quite upset if i cant smoke it... mostly cause i dont have a job and thats $300 i wont get back...

2. Maybe its something they use to make it weigh more.
    Sometimes they use bits of glass or sand.

3. That's not flushed properly, probably Magnesium in the bud still or something. I mean, you can smoke it, but...

4. Yeah usually resin does that and im sure bud can too it's just somebody fucked it up some time in it's life so it crackles/cracks

Edit: I reread the post, Yeah your bud isn't flushed, smokeable, just not as enjoyable/as good as flushed bud

5. It's not gonna kill you. Usually when the ash stays black after you've toasted the bowl and it doesn't turn gray or almost white, then the grower probably didn't grow it too well haha.

6. You know there was another thread about this exact topic the other day, so odd..

7. i dont think its grit.

8. Are the puds particularly dry? Possibly the curing was done poorly.

9. ya its fine to smoke my friend had some super sour d that did that it was bomb

10. Yeah dude I wouldn't worry about it unless its horrible to smoke or the bud looks like shit.

11. Crackling means it wasn't flushed properly.
    Or if it's bammer, it's the combo of sticks/seed shells/AND not flushed.

12. It's highly unlikely, you'd know if it was, but it could be laced with coke, that crackles when burned, apparently anyway :D

13. What do you mean by "flushed"?

14. [quote name='"FreeYourSoul"']What do you mean by "flushed"?[/quote]

The soils nutrients leeched out with an over abundance of water. In other words the buds will be safe to smoke. Might not be ideal but won't harm you.

15. [quote name='"Stride420"']

The soils nutrients leeched out with an over abundance of water. In other words the buds will be safe to smoke. Might not be ideal but won't harm you.[/quote]

Oh, so you mean like getting the dirt and soil out after it grows and is harvested?

16. Its miniature seeds

17. So you see sparks... Were you using a bic lighter? Whenever you strike a lighter the gas is ignited by sparks... sparks from the little flint inside the lighter rubbing against the steel wheel on the lighter (flint+steel = sparks). Sometimes, a few of those little shards of flint that break off don't ignite. The little unburned pieces of flint fall to the ground, or onto your bowl, if you're holding the lighter overtop of it. Next time you put a flame to the bowl they spark. It's nothing to worry about. It won't kill you.

If you don't want it to happen again, light you lighter away from your bowl, then bring the flame in to hit it.

18. no seeds in my shit.

19. Did you read my post?