Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed was sparking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stevooo123, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Has that every happened to you? I never seen it befor or atleast noticed it. I was exhaling looking at the smoke and i heard this crackling sound, so i looked down at my bowl to see it sparking? Is this bad?

2. I believe thats what seed do huh? They like explode and crackle.

3. Its because you flick your lighter above it and some flint gets inside Then as you rip, the cherry spreads to it and sparks.

4. Another possibility is the flower your smoking wasnt flushed properly during the harvest, leftover nutrients/fertilizers in the flower can ignite and cause these sparks

• Like Like x 1
  5. This might not be exactly what happens but from what I understand when not cured/dried properly it can form a kind of air pocket and that's what causes it crackle like that. Hopefully someone out there can explain that a bit better than me.

6. Most likely a seed.

7. i've had sparks come off of a cherried bowl before. i dont know why it happened though. i'm pretty sure there were no seeds in the weed though.

8. Probably wasn't flushed, that's why. Or a seed.

9. Probably a seed, or you were unkowingly smoking crack

10. happened to me on first med crop i grew. figured out that the in line fan i was using to scrub air in grow tent was dispersing carbon particles in air. fucking stoner put the fan wrong way.had a proper flush and cure.

11. yeah i've accidentally smoked seeds before and they crackle and pop

12. Smoking that Twilight shit...

13. [quote name='"Willdee"']Another possibility is the flower your smoking wasnt flushed properly during the harvest, leftover nutrients/fertilizers in the flower can ignite and cause these sparks[/quote]

Was gonna say this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wasn't flushed fully in my opinion when that happens.

15. If there was a seed in there you'd be able to tell. Yeah, seeds will/can crackle and pop, but that sparking your referring to is most likely improperly flushed weed. If it is a little harsh to smoke, I wouldn't bet against it.

16. Trichomes popping.

17. uhhhh? No.

18. Probably a little tiny stem, Ive had them light up and start crackling and sparking before in bowls and in joints lol.

19. Another possibility is your pot had spider mites! They, too, explode, but on a tiny scale, when lit up.