Could using a pollen press for all your weed let you get more from it?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Jerin92, May 26, 2020.

1. #1 Jerin92, May 26, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020
    I started pressing pucks of weed. Not keif, weed. I will also add my keif build up to it, but its mainly weed. I was gathering information on making hash from the gurus (like Frenchy Cannoli) and various home tricks and things that we can do with marijuana.
    My pollen press is one of the basic metal alloy models that's just a plain cylinder with two ends that screw on and two inserts that mash the pollen, and my grinder is a wooden 4 piece grinder. My grinder grinds so fine that there seems to be so much "keif". I know it's know because some of it is just finely ground plant matter. BUT my question is...

Does simply pressing your marijuana increase the potentcy? *and by pressing I mean like two vise grips, one on each end, talkin'- TIiiiieyeiiiiGHT!

If so... does that mean hash can be made with finely ground weed instead of collecting the proper way? I know it could not come close to genuine made hash, but i can't get trimmings where i am. Edited guidelines violation out - ICGreen

Frenchy is my guy on anything i do involving hash, but I want to find new ways for regular people to experience what else the plant has to offer, and it seems like you buy a press and/or make one that you could make your own concentrates super easy... After writing this all out I'm starting to realize this is probably the classic stoner dilemma

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1

2. Putting your weed in a basic hash press will not magically increase the potency of it.. what makes you think that's possible???

Your question is kinda silly it's like me saying "if I press weed in-between my fingers will it increase the potency".

Also why would you want to press your weed into blocks?? Like what's the point lol, just smoke like a normal person ur overthinking it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Op wants to grind his weed really fine and sell it as hash

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

4. To clarify, the finely ground weed and excess keif are put in the cylinder, mashed/tightened the most two pliers will go, after 8-10 hrs the press is placed in a coffee mug, boiling water is poured in, it sets for 10 min, its tightened the rest of the way, then placed in freezer for 30 min and then taken out and the pressed puck is removed.

After all of this the puck looks like a solid dark brown puck of hash. When its broke open it has the same consistency.

I guess I wasn't asking a clear question and I was just curious because I thought I heard on a video that presseure and heat alter the compounds to produce a different high.

Not necessarily more potent but maybe more balanced?

• Funny Funny x 1

5. But why would you want to do any of this?? You're adding extra steps to getting high for no apparent reason lol

If you was to do all that & load a bowl up then load another bowl up with the same weed/keif you'd get the same high...

6. Like I said. I thought I heard that the pressure and heat altered the compounds, which would mean a different high.

So obviously there is no point. I was thinking the different high might be kin to hash, which to me has a better taste.

Also, I was going to say that I've liked pressing my weed. Not as long, but getting it all pressed together I feel like I'm loosing less keif and getting more out of my abv.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. It would be nothing like hash dude, hash is made from pure keif/crystals not plant matter..

If you want to get more out of your AVB make edibles they'll get you way higher then smoking it.

8. If you want hash just buy it instead sound like a pain in the ass to make it and this is now how..... kkeif is always strong af you won’t make it more potent crushing it if anything your damaging your weed .

Make edibles if you wana get higher
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum