Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut cannabis oil recipe and suggestions for new user

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by tormentedimp, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Im looking to make some simple sure-fire edibles with coconut oil but the recipes i seem to really apply to the situation i have going on here. 
    Im looking to make a CHEAP amount of coconut oil with a minimal amount of cannabis, about 3.5 grams or less. IM trying this out with a friend who has no tolerance and little experience and I DO NOT want to get them too loaded and i know how potent things can get with coconut oil. I have done firecrackers in the past but theyre not always effective for me. They would work for others and Id be left disappointed. It could be bc i had a high fat diet way back and my body would just reject high amounts of fat but regardless, I want something thats going to be effective for both of us without the other party getting an unpleasant experience.

tl;dr
    1 cup coconut oi (1/2 cup?) l double boiled with 3.5grams high quality herbs, oil unstrained. about how much oil would give the newb a solid experience.

A gram in a firecracker probably isnt as strong as a gram in coconut oil, amirite? 

PLEASE DONT RESPOND if youre not personally familiar with dosing for newbs or cooking with coconut oil. Taking stabs at educated guesses from forum watching is not only unintelligent but could be potentially painful for this beginner.

2. For a beginner with low tolerance, I would at most use 3.5g (1/8oz) of herb to make a tray of 16 brownies. The brand of brownie mix I use calls for 1/2 cup of oil, so that is the amount of oil I would use. I would definitely strain the herb out of the oil before adding it to the brownie mix.

Here are GrassCity's best coconut oil recipes, in my opinion: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

3. in my experience with brownies and other edible they work best with unstrained but you think and 8th could really stretch out to that many brownies??? i figured only 3 or 4 potent edibles.. my tolerance isnt very high either bc ive been on a t-break and i stay physical. unfortunately im not working with any thats certifiably medical grade  but its certainly potent, fresh sensi. not sure of its origin or strain

4. Sorry you didn't like my advice. A good next step for you would be to read the popular and trusted recipes pinned to the top of the Edibles sub forum as "sticky" threads. I already gave you a link to my favorite recipe, which has a detailed "how much herb should I use?" discussion.

5. I think you were taking my words a little too literally. It was more surprise than anything but i didnt notice the link til you mentoned it. 

Regardless, I would like some more opinions, dont take it offensively its just how i do things. Thanks for the link im just looking for the advice of someone who doesnt have access to absolute top of line hashes and keef so i have a more accurate idea of what to expect. I have good sensi from nyc, not fresh cultivated strains from legalized states. I certainly appreciate the input tho.

6. #6 PatrickXy6dC, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Last time I cooked for a light weight I used 1 1/4 cup of oil to 14 grams of dank.  I used an extra 1/4 oil to be sure I got the right amount for my recipe (one cup), but you can always add more fresh oil if you don't have enough.  This recipe made two dozen large cookies and half a cookie works for her.  I would use 1/2 cup oil to 3.5 grams and have your friend start slow. If you use a brownie mix that makes 16 brownies I figure that's 0.2 grams per brownie  (math is not my strong point).  My cookies had 0.58 gram/cookie so my friend eats about 0.3 grams and gets blazed.  She doesn't smoke and probably has a low tolerance. I know sometimes she eats less than half and still gets very happy.
    Also, if you're not going to strain the weed grind it very fine.  I would advise straining with some cheesecloth, really twisting the little puck to get all the oil out.  I save my used weed in the cheesecloth to add next time I make edibles.  Just put it in a bag and freeze the thing, save up a bunch to add to your next batch.
    Good luck, let us know what you do and how it works out, tormentedimp.

7. Thorough and terminology and i can level with. Thanks Joker, experiences and advice from other users would also be appreciated, not sure exactly when this is going to happen

8. Hi everyone, I am new to this and I am very interested in this topic. I would like to read more opinions since I am also trying to have coconut oil in my daily routine.

9. @coconutoilsdotcom

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    ============================================================
    The basic ratio is
    5 grams of hash-kief (dry ice method with a 160 micron screen)
    2.5 teaspoons of oil
    .5 teaspoon lecithin..
    Decarb material 240F for 40 minutes
    Blend decarbed material with oil and heat 220 F for 20 minutes..
    Makes 30 (0) capsules.. Average of 25 drops of hot hash oil per cap
    [​IMG]
    Some Dry Ice hash
    [​IMG]
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes
    [​IMG]
    A little avocado oil for flavor and it extends the high a bit longer I feel..
    Back in the toaster oven for 20 minutes at 220 F
    [​IMG]
    The Coffee mug heater keeps the hash-oil sludge hot enough to draw up the eye dropper
    [​IMG]
    Caution.. Start with a single drop of this stuff and add more at 2 hour intervals until your off..
    DO NOT LICK THE TOOLS OR THE DISHES !!!
    Dosing is problematic as no two people react the same.. A single drop can overwhelm my wife but I need 100x that much.. 4 full caps at a time 3 times a day for my personal relief..
    Spins and dry heaves are more then possible at this strength so do take some care until you find your personal happy zone..
    Happy Tripping.. It IS a psychoactive drug after all..
    ============================================
    Simply use powdered decarbed weed in place of the hash. Follow the same times and temps.
    (decarb is 240 F for 40 minutes)
    BNW