Coco coir information

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Zxem, Jun 30, 2019.

1. I was hoping to get some insight into coco coir from experienced growers to a total noob.

Grow setup:
    -Philzon 1200w cob series /Light
    -Lotus bloom, grow, boost, cal mag, carbon flush /Nutrients
    -3 gallon nursery pot
    -2.5x2.5 area

Onto my questions:

-I hear from many sources that coco coir must be given nutrients before the grow begins. What nutrients do I feed it? Is it required to feed it before planting seed or after? Does it require nutrients during seedling? If so how to avoid nutrient burns or decencies? During vegetative weeks, every time I’m required to water must it always be mixed in with nutrients? If so must I worry about PPM’s long before harvest time?

I would greatly appreciate any advice

2. I suggest coco specific nutes.
    Pre-charging your coco is recommended.
    Feed low doses everytime.
    Never plain water.
    This website can answer all your questions about growing in coco. www.cocoforcannabis.com.
    Good luck.

3. Check out AskEd's Coco Guide. It's packed with solid information on growing in coco.

I'm moving this thread to the Coco sub-forum for you. Best of luck to you!

4. I used to wait til the yellow seedling sprout and would give it 1/8th strength nutes and it would quickly turn green. Now I just add the nutrients and it grows green right out the gate. You can treat it like hydro or soil. I do feed everytime but I used to feed every other watering and would give it straight water.