Catapillers moths and sorhern California

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by oy_oy_oy, May 13, 2017.

1. hello GC

So i was watching YouTube TEDtalks when Pablos Holman was giving a talk on hacking and world problems, when he mentioned something about a mesquito laser defence. Basically shooting flying mesquitos out of the air using a computer.

Can we as growers incorporate that idea into a laser defence grid to kill the moths that lay the eggs that bare the evil catapillers that eat our crops?

All coments are welcome and wanted. Am i in a smoke dream? Or can we do this in an economically viable way?

2. I don't know about Lasers but I do know BT applied every week will kill the caterpillars and get you a clean crop with minimal residual toxins.
    *Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies kurstaki strain
    [​IMG]
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. hi BrassNwood thanks for your input and joining the game.

i think this would be in lieu of poisons, if you can keep the moths off the plants no eggs. i say shoot em lol thanks man

4. JACKS DEAD BUG! all I can say. your problems are now over
    =]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mantids are the organic non invasive cheap and awesome looking method of all purpose insect laser defense. Coupled with ladybirds and you have the ultimate defense system.

Best part is that you don't have to spray a crop that is eventually going in to your lungs with deadly pesticides!
    Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dude, whatever it is that you are smoking, pass that shit my way!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Every year i get tons of mantis in my back yard. Whenever i find them i move them to my plant. This year has been crazy. I currently havr 5 on my one plant and they have been there since they were tiny... Now theyre about the size of my finger

8. ok thanks man for stopping by that is a pesticide?

exactly i don't want to smoke that crap, thanks for dropping in

i would love to but i'm almost out lol my last grow i harvested in october almost gone

thanks you all for jumping in and sharing !

9. thats awesome man