Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't get high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WitheredNova, Aug 7, 2016.

1. ive been smoking for the last couple months and I don't know that I'm actually getting high. I know I'm inhaling properly, but I just don't feel stoned like I think I should. Should I just smoke a bunch and see if I have a naturally high tolerance? I'd like to feel the beloved effects of being stoned, but I'm afraid I can't get high. Please help

2. do you have a picture of your smoking product? weed/hash? if it's oil, it may just be a huge tolerance problem. I found my tolerance skyrocketed with oil, but it doesn't matter to me since I still save money compared to smoking straight weed

3. Yeh if you can get a pic, it'll be hard to tell how much stuff is in there but we will be able to tell if it's weed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I know that it's
    i know that it is weed. I get it from a friend and I've smoked with him before. I've bought many different times and smoked with many different people. They always get high but I just don't think I am. I'm smoking regular hash

5. I assume the issue is with your inhaling. What are you using to smoke?

Personally I think the easiest way to smoke is to roll a joint and perform a "snap inhale" which is common for cigarette smokers. You do this my inhaling from the joint until you feel like you've inhaled a good amount, and once that is over, pull it away from your mouth and continue inhaling for a very short time to push the smoke down into your lungs. The exhale and repeat.

If you are using a pipe or bong make sure you are clearing the smoke after wards by opening up the carb. (The hole on the side of a pipe or the bowl on a bong)

I don't think I've ever heard of a naturally high tolerance. Everyone's high is different but I can tell you what it feel like when I get high with my weed. For me after I smoke and I'm at the highest part, I seem to focus very intently and hard on one thing and become so absorbed in that that one thing that I forget about what's around me, I get a bit of a warm feeling at times, feel tired, I get sort of hungry but nothing intense, and you just kind of feel high (no easy way to describe that lol).

The biggest thing is inhaling into your lungs and not your mouth. I've made that mistake twice and I was disappointed because I realized right after I was done I messed up. Get some fresh air in that last part of your inhale and it'll push that smoke down into your lungs.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 2
  6. I've smoked joints, pipes, and bongs. I do that inhaling thing with the joints and clear the pipes/ bowls. Is it possible to just not be able to get high?

7. I mean I suppose it's possible, though every instance I've heard of is caused by not inhaling properly. Some other posts I've heard people have said that they couldn't get high then one day smoked hella and got blazed, now they get high easier. It seems like an odd thing.

Medically I don't know why you wouldn't be able to since I'm not a doctor and can't I can't find any legitimate articles.

My best guess is that someone has been messing with you and selling you fake weed, which doesn't seem to be the case, the weed you are smoking is low quality (post a photo if you can even though only you can tell us the quality), or maybe you are getting high but don't realize it

8. Why would you continue to smoke if you don't get the desired effect?

• Like Like x 1
  9. U need to sing sias cheap thrills before u smoke it gets u stont

10. switch to another product, maybe what you're getting just grew on you, tolerance and all

11. My thoughts exactly lol. No disrespect

12. Your full of it. Lol you still get high you just have a tolerance and you can't get as high as you once could. I go through the same thing and I get frustrated then I find some knock your socks off shit like once a month and I forget all about not being able to get high.
    Best option though is to quit for 3 weeks. When you start smoking again it'll be like starting all over. I used to have to stop for 3 weeks and then smoke for a week and stop again due to probation. I used to get hella ripped. Now days I smoke to much to get hella ripped but saying you legitimately don't get high is garbage if you once did.
    Hell we all complain that we can't get high anymore. I just said that shit yesterday but it's more of a figure of speech.

T5 Scrog experiment. Gorilla glue #4, skunk#1, King Louis XIII, and one mystery plant

• Like Like x 2
  13. In your case I would suggest the TB. You have to experience being straight for a bit to be able to tell the difference. Because you're high all the time, that has become your "normal" state.

14. Does the bud you're smoking look like this?
    [​IMG]

There's no way you can smoke a bowl of this and not get high. You're doing it wrong.

I've got in a rut before when I had a crappy hook up and kept getting the same crappy bud for weeks. You can build up a tolerance to a particular crap bud where it hardly effects you anymore. You can smoke a whole quarter and you just want another bowl. Not this stuff. Smoke a bowl like this and you'll forget what you were doing.

• Like Like x 2

15. At the end of the day it kinda feels like my normal state, but the first in the morning always hits the spot

16. Do tell, what is this? Lemme guess, something with the word purple in it, or Girl scout cookies?

17. Grand Daddy Purple. Just finished. Some of the best taste, smell, look, and high. Great strain, beautiful to watch grow. It's not usually that strong of a strain but I think the led's with the UV pushed it over the top. It's so stoney.

18. I think you're right lol. I'd never taken a TB but I had to do to life and stuff and when I came back it all came back. I guess I just forgot what it felt like? Idk. Thanks anyways

19. was gonna say any granddaddy purp ive had made me tired and couchlock. is a heavy hitter but a lighter heavy hitter