Can plants get sunlight as well as artificial light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ChubzSensei, Aug 2, 2017.

1. I'm from Jamaica and I'm trying to start a grow op. I'm building a greenhouse to grow some bud but i want to know if what I have planned is a good idea and how I can make it better.

I initially wanted to do an outdoor grow but the seasons really mess it up for me here so I'm building the greenhouse so the plants can get sunlight in the day time and setup LEDs (or some other type of bulb) so they can get light when the sun goes down.

I plan on growing autoflowers so i would leave the lights on through the night.

I'm fairly new to growing so be nice lol. Please and thanks for any help or suggestions :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I can't see why it would cause a problem. FYI from my own research autos best yields are around 20/4 lighting. Sun has way more lighting then any grow light can produce.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

3. last I looked Jamaica is very close to the equator or the permanent 12x12 zone

imo: grow sativa photos on 12 x12

although growing a greenhouse is cool for some

anyone fighting mother nature and the seasons is a noob indeed

chill

4. Well my reason for a greenhouse is a little more complicated than just light schedules or it being cool lol. And how am I fighting mother nature if I'm still using sunlight?

5. If you are growing autoflowers in Jamaica I'm not sure why you would want to add grow lights to the mix. You will already be battling the heat! On top of that, I'm not sure what electricity costs there but I know bud is cheap so you might wanna keep your expenses as low as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Yeah the heat is a big issue which is a main why I'm building the greenhouse. I'm actually considering a hoop house instead for better ventilation.
    Any electrical usage would be solar powered so that's not much of an issue.

And yes the bud here is cheap in terms of quantity but the quality, not all that. So yeah we're paying like US$8 for 10-12 grams of what I would describe as definitely not reggie but still somewhat mediocre. If you want quality bud prices start to sound more like US prices at about $8 per gram and up which is still very decent when compared but when you live here your whole life and your used to normal prices that sounds like a whole lot. Keep in mind the OGs and Hazes and those great strains have only just began showing up prominently in the past 5 or so years. Before that its been mostly reggie.

7. It sounds like you have a good plan dude. And yeah, when I was there I bought bud from 3 people who all said it was the best and was all mediocre lol - The best weed I saw was some home grown at my cab drivers house. A dreadlock rasta man was living there and he was growing some plants in their outside garden and livin off the land. He gave me some, but it was still wet and I had to leave the next day so couldn't really smoke it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum