Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I make weed pill capsules?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by njww627, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Hello All! Looking for a how-to on making weed capsules..would I need to bake the weed first before putting in a empty pill capsule or just grind then put it in? Sorry I'm new to this, looking for something easy and discreet. Thanks!

2. Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Decarb anything you intend to eat or drink (240 F for 40 minutes)

5 grams of decarbed hash ( powdered bud works too )
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Blend
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional to soften the gritty mouth feel)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules ( 30 doses @ 100-150mg each when using good hash )
    Start with about a 1/4 filled cap and wait 2 full hours to see just how stoned you are.
    [​IMG]
    The stainless steel dish is from petco cat food dish.
    The Mr Coffee mug heater keeps the sludge hot while filling the caps with an eyedropper.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The first, and most important thing to do is decarb @ 240 F for 40 min using a verifying thermometer.
    Then grind it to fine powder for ease of use and better absorption.
    At this point the herb is as potent as it will ever be, but it won't be very digestible for most people, and the high will be disappointing.

At this point, some people just put the decarbed herb powder into capsules, and report good results, but digestion of it is poor for most of us, and less thc ends up in the bloodstream than there could be.
    An easy "tincture" can be had by putting some of this under your tongue, but it won't taste good.

To make the herb more digestible, it must be cooked a bit, like other foods.
    There are a lot of different ways to do this.
    My favorite is to briefly cook the herb and some lecithin into the oil of any cookie mix, and follow the recipe.
    BrassNwood (on this site) has an excellent method for making oil/capsules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I avoided ingesting whole plant material for many months because everyone said it was difficult to digest. I primarily used ethanol extracted tincture but, like you, was seeking a more discrete method of medication.

Going against the general recommendations, I decided to give it a go and have been most satisfied with the results. I decarb using a Nova and finely grind the material. I then fill a size 1 gel cap and moderately tamp it down. To this I add a few drops of a good carrier oil to moisten the dry material and seal and let it sit overnight.

The results have been really great for me. The effects come on generally within 20-30 minutes and last for 5-6 hours. There's not truly a peak as I normally experience with other modalities of administration but the results are fairly even keeled with only slight waves of ebb and flow throughout the period.

I'm not contesting the generally accepted notion that the dry material is more difficult to assimilate but I'm a firm believer that anatomical diversity of humankind offers opportunities for one to experiment prior to disregarding possibilities.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Such a simple method is very desirable, and more people should try what you are doing.
    Easy decarb, followed by easy edible prep is very appealing.

I suspect without proof that your pills might get better over time.
    Have you found that to be the case?

A drop of liquid lecithin in each cap might also help.
    Have you tried that?

In any case, I'm going to give your method another try.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I’d make butter or coconut oil caps if I were you.

7. Thanx Bkamaze. The carrier oil I've been using has been MCT oil laced with a variety of different strain mimicking terpene blend additives. My last batch of gel caps were an off brand and while the body of the caps were not compromised, the seal did begin leaking after several days. Therefore, I've only prepared a dozen or so at a time. I've now got a new batch of NOW caps which I've had much better success with.

The aging thesis is intriguing and I think I'll give it a try. For long term storage, I think I'll opt for some coconut oil as the carrier.

I've often pondered whether the addition of lecithin would make it more bio-available but have been lax in ordering some to try. Your prompting is enough motivation to give it a try.

I hope you, as well as others, will give it a try. I've used this technique with eleven different strains and have found some to give mediocre results and others are really over the top. Blue Dream has been the most enjoyable by far with really good results also with Delicious Cheese Candy and Paradise Delahaze. The effects are closer to the experience of inhalation than any other form of oral ingestion I've ever tried. The size 1 caps will hold 60-100mg of dried material and this is as effective as I want for medicinal purposes. My guess is moving up to a larger capacity cap would present a very satisfactory results for even avid rec users.

Anxious to hear others impressions.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you, this is very helpful! I just decarbed the weed and ordered the capsules and the grinder. When you say difficult to digest, what symptoms are there as a result?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Actually, I've never experienced any digestive problems ingesting the whole plant material. I've seen several references that dry cannabis is difficult to assimilate but I've personally not had any obvious issues with this. I've also seen evidence that the stems of the plant are covered in microscopic barbed spines that can become embedded in the stomach lining and cause inflammation. Again, I have no anecdotal evidence of this but I have been a bit anal about removing all stems.

I might add, I definitely have an impaired digestive system and initially had expectations of problems but it just never happened. In fact, now that I think about it, I actually can't recall hearing any first hand reports of digestive maladies when ingesting dry cannabis; only hypothetical supposition. Would be interested to hear of some personal bad experiences that someone could share.

Thanx for gearing up to give it a try. Anxious to hear your results.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hello there,

Just tried one of the pills I made today. Took about two hours to kick in (ate on a semi full stomach) unfortunately a bad high that is finally starting to come down now after 3 hours. It was not good trying this at work . Had to step outside a couple of times, body felt heavy, numb and restless. I was thinking of lowering the dose and dropping some CBD oil in the capsules to calm down the THC...would that be a good idea?

11. #12 boocoodinkydow, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    So sorry for the bad trip my friend. Was your dose a size 1 cap? What strain are you using? I'd definitely lower the dose significantly. Start low and go slow. CBD is touted to be able to calm the effects of thc. I have no first hand experience so I can't say for sure but worth a try.

Don't want to sound preachy but when I try something new I always do it when I can take time for myself in case things turn bad. Again, I apologize and hope you get it dialed in.

P.S.
    Are you new to cannabis use? Hope you don't mind me asking.

12. Since I'm here; Bkamaze, the lecithin failed to bring anything positive to the table. Added to an indica strain, no discernible difference at all. Added to a sativa, I'm trying to convince myself that it actually had a negative effect to the potency. I made several pills and I'm going to continue to try them for a couple of weeks to rule out the possibility of simple inconsistency. When I switch back to pills without the lecithin, I'll take some good notes and do a comprehensive comparison.

13. Hey, so these were gelatin caps size 0. I packed it lightly to half full using amnesia haze. Funny thing is I tried the capsule slightly less full twice and don't remember even feeling a high so I felt I was ready to go higher.

I used to smoke daily over 10 years ago, but only a handful of times since then so I would consider myself a newbie all over again lol. Thanks for your support :)) I really hope to make this work for my chronic pain

• Like Like x 1