Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can i make a potent tincture from wild turkey?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by wittybuds, Jul 11, 2016.

1. I am wondering if I can make a tincture from wild turkey that's till going to be potent enough to feel good effects when my town goes dry for several weeks at a time?
    I want to make up a batch but don't want to waste my bud for an experiment and wild turkey is all I have on hand and is pretty much the highest % alcohol I can get at the shops where I live.

any suggestions for method or links to threads simular to this would be awesome thankyou!

2. Why not post in the tincture thread? That's where the tincture folks/posts are.

3. others post tincture related posts in the edibles section so figured I could do the same.... new to the forum and haven't found my way around everything yet

4. Yeah, this is the proper forum. There is just so much information in PSam's thread along with directions and a video showcasing his method. His tinctures have been tested for THC and other cannabinoids and he has dialed in the decarb time with this testing. 240F for 40 minutes. You could do a small amount of bud to make a small batch and see how you like it. For a couple of grams I'd decarb my bud, into freezer for 24 hours along with your wild turkey. Then after the 24 hours pour just enough whiskey to cover the bud, shake a bit band back into the freezer for two hours then strain. Put the cannabis in the freezer again with your wild turkey and do a second wash after 24 hours. This wash is quicker and doesn't go back in the freezer. Strain out the cannabis. Allow it to naturally evaporate the alcohol and water or reduce it in a double boiler or oil bath. You may want to allow it to evaporate all the way to oil and then reconstitute with the desired amount of wild turkey for your tincture.

5. Why would you need to freeze/wait? If you've already decarbed, why not just reduce it in a double boiler from the beginning?

6. You can reduce in a double boiler. Experiments are welcome in the forums, but if you want directions see PSam's thread.

7. witty..
    The higher the proof the better.. 100 is good.. 151 is better and 190 best of all..
    I'm in California and 151 ever clear or pure proof brand is the best I can get..
    I do a 40 minute decarb at 240 F then freeze both the weed and the alcohol and work fast..
    5 to 10 minute wash time is all I do as a longer wash just pulls more chlorophyll and makes it far more bitter tasting..
    [​IMG]

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2