Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. mrsilly
    Another great shake from the look of it..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    A little tincture
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. [​IMG]

A little coco/canny/yummy!!

dilligaf

• Like Like x 4
  4. Making more RSO style oil caps for a close friend
    A full fifth of Gold Dragon ( not as shown)
    [​IMG]
    Evaporate off the alcohol
    [​IMG]
    Add 1 table spoon of coconut oil and the usual 1/6th lecithin by volume
    [​IMG]
    Short filled caps.. 3 drops for days and 6s at night worked best for this person..
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for posting this thread! Love the Sawzall method! Gonna have to read through this whole thread when I get a chance!

``\_(^_-)_/``

6. @BrassNwood, I've only read through the first 9 pages. You mention a coated paint can. Is there a reason a new metal one can't be used? Hopefully this hasn't been asked 15 times. Thanks

7. @justalilcrazy
    The (New) empty one gallon paint cans from home depot and lowes are coated-painted inside and there was some question as to if the coating would peal off and either clog the mesh or contaminate the hash.. I know at least one member had the bottom of that type can fail after just a few runs and he reinforced it with a couple of big fender washers if I remember.. I was lucky enough to have a near empty plastic one gallon can and I've used it for years now.. Hit up the next painter van you see for an empty as all the current factory cans are heavy duty plastic..
    Good valid question..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well, I suppose I should grab that plastic can out of the trash!! It didn't occur to me that the can would fail...
    I'm certain you mention how you drilled the holes for your brackets?
    I'm hoping to shake some buds this weekend!

~GHG~

• Like Like x 3
  9. Our first attempt to recover the very costly ever clear after the wash to tincture

[​IMG]
    As delivered with the condenser up top made a very top heavy setup that might work with the lower pot half full or better but for my recovery use it's not ideal..
    [​IMG]
    Off to Lowes for 5 more feet of soft copper tubing and I was ready for the second try..
    Much better run and I did recover two near full fifths of alcohol of higher purity then 151 I'm fairly sure..
    Temp hovered right at 79C for the run and when the drip stopped a few while the temp shot up past 90C and when the drip started again it was just water..
    I'll need to change my condenser water supply as I was fighting the raising condenser pot water temps.. I'll set the pond pump in a 5 gallon full of ice water and see how that runs today..
    [​IMG]
    What we got back..
    BNW

• Like Like x 7
  10. Part 2 of the recovery of our very costly store bought high proof ever clear..
    [​IMG]
    2 ounces of our just recovered alcohol and a toothbrush has all the tar in suspension and I'll pour it off into the working dish next to it..
    [​IMG]
    Under the computer fan will have the last of the water off in a few hours.
    [​IMG]
    3 of the jars of wet weed left after our mass tincture efforts back at the end of June..
    [​IMG]
    With the tincture run cleaned out it was time to load up some alcohol soaked weed and try and recover some of the booze.. 2 jars full and enough extra water to make weed soup..
    [​IMG]
    All cooked off.. I did three runs like this and tossed all the hot soup on the soil pile
    [​IMG]
    Drops and dribbles it's a slow job..
    [​IMG]
    Net recovery was about 3 liters of unknown proof alcohol.. The tincture recovery we know is better then 151 as that was the starting point and I stopped when it turned milky and there was 1/2 inch of water left in the pot..
    The wet weed recovery I added a lot of water to the material to work it but if my distillation was halfway on target it's over 100 proof and could be much higher but without a distillation hygrometer I can't tell yet..
    I did the old time moonshiners shake test and the tincture recovery was higher proof going by the high test = large bubbles that disappear fast.. Low proof has small bubbles and they last far longer..
    I could just toss it all back in the still for another run to clean up more of the water and I may take that step depending on how the next batch of RSO cooks off.. The less water in my alcohol the better as I have to fight to get the last of it out of the working dish before I add the coconut oil..
    BNW
    Edit :: All alcohol used was purchased at major liquor chain retail stores and all applicable taxes paid.. At no time was mash cooked into untaxed alcohol.. :)

• Like Like x 6
  11. Nice! I've been wanting to do this for a while now..... I'm getting ready to make some RSO for my grower and feel so bad about just boiling off the 190....

12. Hey brass!
    I'm planning on shaking using a 5gallon bucket with a bubble bag and dry ice but I don't have a good surface to do it over. Do you think it would work if I shook it over the bottom part (without the screen) of my trim bin?

SilverStaggs Stable

13. feel your pain my friend, try and have a day off the next day it will hammer you lifeless i love it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always a fun time at the Hollywood Bowl and seeing Jeff was a special treat for me.. Last time was 1973 in a much smaller venue..
    Fired up the still and cleaned up 3 new bottles of 151 to higher grade
    [​IMG]
    Get that pesky water out up front and not have to fight it out after reduction..
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  15. [​IMG]
    10 pounds of dry ice.. 10 half gallon jars of bud.. Nets 10 small jars of 160 micron kief
    [​IMG]
    The 2 big jars of bud scraps will be decarbed and washed with 190 proof ever clear then reduced..
    Next installment.. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  16. [​IMG]
    Three trays of bud scraps generated yesterday underwent decarbing..
    [​IMG]
    Three Fifths of reclaimed Everclear put in the bar fridge for initial chilling.. I'll set one in the freezer later tonight..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sure does take a lot of the stress and cost out of extracting when you can reclaim your EC... eh? You can really wash the last bit of goodness out of the material without the $$$ hit for trying.....

My grower just ran some EVCO thru the remains of 10 zips used for RSO --- 1cup evco/cup of material --- made some caps out of it and says 3 00 caps hit really well.... Wish we could get all that out the first time...

18. @OneE
    This is our first wash with reclaimed and I figure I just saved about $90.00 for the 3 fifths I didn't have to buy again..
    [​IMG]
    About to combine..
    [​IMG]
    The days take.. I'll get most of this back again when I reduce it and the rest that remains in the weed after pressing I'll get back as well.. It's not 100% as I'll still lose a few ounces working the tar out of the kettle but it's a far cry from letting the vast majority just evaporate off.. The idea was to get some use from my bud scraps left after dry ice shaking but the high cost of grain alcohol would have make further recovery cost prohibitive if I didn't start to recover the solvent alcohol..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  19. So what exactly is decarbing? I will be making some dry ice hash soon and want to use some to make the caps like on this thread. Is it just putting the hash in the oven for a short time I'm confused.

20. @No Tillin
    Decarboxylation is the removal of a C02 and H20 molecule from the inactive THCA complex turning it to active THC.. Smoking or vaping does this with flame and heat so we need to do much the same..
    240 F for 40 minutes is the accepted time and temp now.. Covered or not it doesn't seem to make all that much difference..
    Do this with raw weed or hash or most any inactive base before making an edible from it..
    BNW

• Like Like x 3