Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I decarb alcohol tincture once it's been strained?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jane Dough, Mar 15, 2017.

1. I was given a good amount of alcohol tincture made from cannabis that was not decarbed. I don't have a lot of info on it other than it was approximately 2oz shaky flower in 750ml grain alcohol, and it sat about 2months..

• Like Like x 1
  2. It takes about 4 months for it to decarb naturally but you can start using it after the third month. It will be decarbed enough for effects but not fully. If it still has the material in it you can strain it out. What alcohol was used? :huh:

• Like Like x 3
  3. I believe everclear grain alcohol was used! And it is already strained... is there anyway to decarb after that? Will it contain any thc or just thca? Will it convert with just time and not heat?

4. It doesn't need heat, just time. 4 months total for full decarb. That is now my preferred way to make tinctures because it keeps the terpenes that are lost with heat. When the 4 months is finished you should let it evaporate some so that it will be more concentrated, if it's 190 Everclear and not 151.

By the end of the 4th month nearly all of the THCA has converted to THC without degradation to CBN. Just let it sit in the cabinet until that time and all will be good. Alcohol speeds up the enzymal process that allows for a natural decarb. Here's a study I did that may help understand how it happens. A naturally decarbed tincture is supreme. :ey:

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. thanks so much!!! This is very helpful to know!! Terpenes are all the rage these days
    nk

• Like Like x 2
  6. I recently had the same problem what I did was put some tincture enough for my ant in a half pint jar with lid and put it in boiling water for 45 minutes seemed to work perfect .