Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety Can cbd oil get me high?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Lorri Leblanc, Aug 18, 2018.

1. I have been using cbd oils for 6 months for anxiety. I don’t like smoke pot, the high trips me out. I am at the bottle of a bottle of cbd oil and I never thought to shake it. I took a dose and within an hour starting having the worse physical panic attack of my life. My body was vibrating my muscles tense my heart racing my mouth dry. I have never had an attack like this. The properties are 21.0 ml of cbd and 0.87 THC. Could I have gotten a strong strong body high ?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1

2. Sorry to tell you CBD doesn't get you high it's THC that gets you high.. I have heard CBD helps with pain & other stuff but it won't get you high like cannabis does.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know that’s why I was asking if it was possible with the low dose of thc if I hit high.....

4. I don't know what precipitated your panic attack, but anything is possible.

5. because the bottle states a % does not mean that is the correct % in there...

6. I guess it's possible the .87 percent THC could have gotten you high? But it's not from the CBD. I don't think you can get one without at least some small amount of the other. I suggest buying one with a higher CBD ratio than THC. Do you have a 1 to 1? 4 to 1? Things to consider. Try with small amounts.

Also try to go into it with the idea that "I shouldn't get high from this, but if I do, it's alright and it will pass" because you don't want to trigger a panic attack.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yes I know... that’s why I included that there was thc in the cbd oil lol?

8. Do you know the threshold percent that would get me high?

It was from a medical clinic ? Do you have data to prove that it’s not accurate or is it just your opinion...?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I
    I’m not asking what precipitated the panic attack... lol I’m asking if that amount of thc could get me high ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Any THC could potentially probably get you high with zero tolerance, every one metabolizes and ia effected uniquely. Research microdosing. I suggest a 4:1(higher CBD)

They try to be accurate as possible but I'm sure it can vary a certain amount with labeling like anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You mentioned you are at the "bottom" of the bottle and "forgot to shake it" as if you may have thought that the 0.87 THC may have settled there? Highly (no pun intended) unlikely with oils imo but i'm not chemist....

Having said that it sure is a mystery, someone mentioned any amount can be too much with zero tolerance, sounds like that was spot on... after years of not using i started vaping and edibles and it was easy to get baked... took weeks and months to build a tolerance...

As far as panic attacks go... all it takes with some ppl is some odd sensations in the body, even fleeting stabbing pains in the head or heart area, then the sensation of energy vibrations the body seems to spread but the mind can actually do this once your attention is focused inward and the 1st bit of concern (fear) arises... so panic attacks usually are amplified by thoughts of what it could be or fear than the situation or chemical.

Ease back into it with a good ratio of CBD - THC as someone suggested. Make sure testing is from good labs and the product has great reviews.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. There's always THC in CBD but it's low ammounts not enough to get you high

13. You can buy seeds that have less than 1 percent THC in them. I doubt you'd feel much off of 0.5 percent THC.

14. no offense but they do not measure those formulas correctly every time. I have no data except your response to the formula which means there was THC in it...
    please look into this thread- Cannabis Black Pepper.
    also- peppercorn stops anxiety - peppercorn stops anxiety at DuckDuckGo

BCP- beta caryophyllene in the peppercorns reduce anxiety and can reduce THC effects... if THC is negatively effecting you chew on one or two peppercorns or mortar pestle and smell the aromas for anxiety relief.. you can use peppercorns beofre you dose and increase the strength of the compounds too... BCP is a multi functional dietary cannabinoid

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. If you read my post there was thc in the cbd

16. I did read it I also replied again if you look..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yesterday i scored a 1 Gram Syringe. 505mg CBD 15mg THC that was made according to RSO (Rick Simpson) using ACDC which i read was Sativa dominant (sounds odd)... anyway as i'm on a break from high THC strains this week, i could still feel a bit of the THC unless it was my imagination... however this comes on sudden and leaves after a much shorter time than the CBD effects of being centered, grounded, focused and calmly relaxed.

Not fond of this oil in the syringe due to it being difficult to work with, so thick and heating doesn't help much... i don't want to use a nail or whatever but just drop a dot or 2 in or on something and ingest it... Any suggestions? Not to worry, going to do some research on that aspect of it but really liking the effects of this strain, no complaints there.

18. check out the Super oils section @ the pheonixtears site... Rick explains how to vape / reclaim RSO and make a potent oil from the reclaim.. he is designing a model , or so his site says...
    it is known as Shona Banda method with a glass dome vaporizer
    Shona Banda method at DuckDuckGo

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks, i've watched a Shona Banda video or 2 a few years ago and am familiar the the method... will review this again and the site you mentioned... as i recall LE was trying to lock Shona up yrs ago.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I use reclaim from all my vape parts and glass pieces ( dry herb / no smoke @ all).. then add it to coconut oil for any use.. Rick is saying that oil to reclaim is way more potent than flower to reclaim like I'm using it and the reclaim I get is very potent.

• Informative Informative x 1