Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bibles view on bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Chief_Kn0cka, Jan 12, 2010.

1. #1 Chief_Kn0cka, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    Does any1 know it? or does every1 who smoke just stop caring because i sure did. ive been smoking for over a year now and in the beginning it was always on my mind but after a few months of feeling shitty i said fuck everything the bible says , its probably all fake anyways and im stressing over nothing when i need to be focusing on school. i also wanted to know if there is any christian smokers out there lol if its possible.

2. you had what's referred to as an "epiphany". You: "stopped giving a shit and focused on school". Done. That's your view, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

3. Genesis 1.29: "God said, "See, I give you every seed-bearing plant that is upon all the earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; they shall be yours for food."

'nuff said :smoking:

EDIT: I'm a catholic toker!

4. I rolled a bunch of joints using pages from a mini bible that they kept handing out randomly at my school and my friends fucking flipped out. Anyone else ridiculously offended by it? I just ran out of rolling paper

5. HAHA no that is hilarious/awesome. You should have smoked them at church. But really I can't stand when people get their panties all in a bunch when they turn around and criticize everything about those who don't follow their faith.

6. Yeah same thing to me twice! I live in Chicago btw. first time while i was a junior in HS and then once more in college. i was like wtf they forcing it on people but most of them ended up around the school sidewalk.

7. lol that scripture was always in my head like wtf he gave it to us, why shouldn't we? then i thought that he also said something about your body being a temple for the holy spirit or something like that and that we should try to keep it clean. but then i thought to myself why? if the world is forcing corrupted ideas into my body thrue billboards or T.V why shouldnt i let weed into my life

8. im a catholic and i smoke

weed is something herbal and not man made, if smoking weed was bad wouldn't eating a apple or grape be considered the same?

9. yeah I've been atheist for a while but i really don't mind what other people believe. I was just a little pissed that they were yelling at me and judging me while I was smoking nicely rolled joints. But whatever, I was high and they weren't so their loss I guess.

10. When i see someone judging me or trying to say that smoking is bad for me i just say watever ur missing out. Im also atheist

11. I am catholic and a toker. I still go to church and believe in certain views.

That guy got the quote from the bible correct I'm guessing. Don't let anyone tell you that god/religion is against marijuana.

12. There's no direct references to marijuana in the bible. People will tell you that certain passages and verses refer to weed, but the truth is that you can interpret the bible to mean many different things. Hell, Christians have been doing it for two thousand years.

13. I'm agnostic here. I have no problems with people who use christianity for positive gain, or any other religion for that means. I just can't stand the people who sit there and talk down on others who don't believe what they do, from any point of view. It just seems like I get that more from my christian friends then anyone else.

14. spot on, man. in the end I don't think you should let a really old book tell you how to live your life word-for-word. after all, there are some passages that promote sexual slavery and animal sacrifice, but there aren't a lot of Christians that don't skim over lines like those. the Bible is a series of lessons, not a rulebook. the intent as a Christian is to use the Bible to lead a better life. if you disagree with a part of the dogma, you should do what you feel is right. at least think hard about the fact that you feel guilty about wanting to formulate your own beliefs. something is very wrong if your will to follow someone elses' beliefs is stronger than to follow your own. billboards and TV are certainly corruptive influences, and it's the same deal. stay in your head. if you stop thinking actively about what you believe and begin letting other peoples' thoughts pass unfiltered into your mind, soon enough you won't be the only person in your head. you'll be an amalgamation of other peoples' thoughts. weed isn't a corruptive influence in this way; in fact, it's the opposite. weed promotes self-examination and self-honesty and lets you break down the mental confines you didn't know fettered the expression of your true self.

15. I don't want to turn this into a religious debate by any means, but I too can't stand anyone who talks down on someone else for not believing in the same. I'm an atheist and will gladly admit that I don't know what's out there, and I'm okay with that. I don't talk down to people who believe in a religion, even if I laugh to myself when people get all worked up over it. Believe what ever works for you!

16. I am catholic. Like most catholics, I dont read the bible or go to church. I do pray though, it makes me feel better and I can confess my sins to god. I am skeptic about weather there is a god or not, but as of now, im going to keep praying and doing my job to be a decent human being.

17. I'm a Catholic smoker and I have the same views before and after I started smokin.
    I don't see a problem with it. Don't get me wrong, I am devoted to my faith but I really believe theres nothin wrong with marijuana.

18. As a religious studies major and not a religious person myself i still understand and respect the power and truth embodied in the bible. it is important however to take all of this in perspective becasue there are some parts as well that make little to no sense. I've assembled some of the best highlights of this hypocracy and incongruencies. please don't read if your easily offended or take offense to anything that's posted here because it certainly contains sarcastic undertones, and is not intended to insult or disrespect and person or culture, but rather to illustrate eccentricities and incongruencies between one of the worlds most respected books and modern lifestyles, nearly 2000 years after its writing.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? (I'm pretty sure she's a virgin).

3. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

4. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it? How can I help you here?

5. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Aren't there 'degrees' of abomination?

6. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

7. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

8. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

9. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

19. I recently came to the conclusion that Christianity is bullshit. I've been happier ever since.