Are these hermaphrodites?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Markhunt, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Hi folks. I switched over to 12/12 39 days ago.They started to show white hairs 7 days later. They are skunky 11 fem dutch passion. DP says they are nine week flowering .Is that 9 weeks from 12/12 or 9 weeks from the first sign of white hairs?
    I watered today and noticed something strange in my plants Iv been looking online and from what I have been reading it looks like I might have hermaphrodites .Im new grower so Im not sure .Iv taken a few pics if anyone can tell me if they are hermy or not it would be great.First pic at 9 0 clock funny looking thing growing .Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Oh that sucks!@!!@!@ Are they all like that?

3. That one pic looks like bananas man

4. not a hermie...hermies have both male and female parts. Those are nanners. A plant can throw those at the nearing end of its life in a last ditch effort to become pollinated. Can be caused by stress, like excessive heat. It can pollinate your crop, but IMO you're getting close to the end and seeds won't have that long to develop. Try and pluck the nanners with tweezers and milk it out til the end.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Just picked a bud they are full of seed.Will up load a pic.Thank for the info

Attached Files:

6. Yes all crap

Attached Files:

7. LOL one of them let the boys loose, thats how we learn, and hey look at it this way any good seed you find should be a fem lol.....I will take a few

8. Lol ya i got bags of seed now. Would the seed be ok?

• Like Like x 1
  9. From what I've read and seen no I would probably find other seeds. Generally the seeds are replicas of the plants they came from . If you are able to keep it low stress u may be able to get a few fully female plants. But generally you shouldn't use that seed from male or Hermy plants.

Someone else may have better news but I asked the same question a few days ago. Similar situation for me

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dam Sorry Bro! There nanners, Did they get your whole crop? Or is that one plant? You can't use those seeds they will Herm on you. Even if they were feminized trash the seeds IMO! Or give a couple a shot. But I wouldn't grow them. That's a 5x5 how many plants where are affected?
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Hey Robbie . Ya 5x5 4 plants 600 watts all samething all seeds. I decided that I'd flush them for a week or 10 days and dry them out try making some hash but as far as the seed goes it's all junk as I think we are prod reading the same trend about manners I thinking it might have been heat stress.Anyway I have 9 Dp skunky 11 fem so I will be starting again next week.

12. Hey Jman. Yaa all them seed are junk from what I've been reading Going to flush once more chop cure try make a little hash. I have more Dp fem seeds in the fridge Sonoma thing imbgoingbto use them . I'm thinking heat stress. So I'll start again next week. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah I'm in a similar situation. Just got my basement set up with tents ect. I only had bag seeds from good weed...just very seedy. I planted 20 of them at my moms outside this spring 11 straight maled out and got whacked and the rest have either a few seeds or a lot of seeds. Unfortunately that's what I had to start my grow with as well but the set up there was not ideal and honestly we just kind of left them alone. So I'm hoping I can get lucky with mine as well. I'll be watching them very closely once I switch to flowering for sure

• Like Like x 2
  14. Definitely was planning on it for sure. I have two tents going. Right now the second one or flower tent is being used to dry some herb that I harvested over the last few weeks. Once that's all done and out of there it will definitely get a good scrub. With my tent is there any special cleaner I should use or is bleach fine? It's a pop up grow tent from Amazon that's fully reflective...ect.

15. looking at those seed pics, you musta missed something earlier. those nanners are just showing and those seeds are pretty mature. You prob did have a hermie early on..maybe that plant...maybe another. Sorry bro, i went through this too. 1000's of useless seeds. This is why I'll nvr use bag seed. You don't actually know what it is. Could be same herb it came in, or pollen from somewhere else made it.

16. G
    Good luck