Are Fem Seeds Worth the $, time and effort?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by storz, Oct 16, 2017.

?

Are Fem seeds really worth the effort?

1. yeah use em all the time

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. never use them b/c of problems with hermies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. never tried them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. tried them and meh

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. title says it all....

2. Depends on wether you want to waste time with throwing male plants out

• Like Like x 1
  3. As well as space that those possible male plants will take up. They don't take any more effort than any other seed would

4. Yes they're worth it. Seeds are cheap anyway. When was the last time you got several ounces for the cost of a $5-$20 seed. If that's to expensive for you growing isn't your thing.

If you clone ask yourself when was the last time you got several pounds for $5-$20

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for the input...please vote too!

6. I've only grown fem seeds if not bag seeds, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of them being not as stable as just regular seeds. I think that's probably why some breeders like tga and rare dankness don't sell feminized seeds

7. Love fems.
    Better yet autofems.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think they’re definitely worth it... it’s barely a price increase and you won’t waste nutrients/light/water/TIME on a male plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Only way to go unless your breeding. Then you don't have to waste a month plus if the plant is a male.

10. I run both simply because not all strains are available in fem, I like old school sativas and like to pheno hunt, I like the ease of fem seeds but have encountered hermies when I flowered them too long squeezing that extra sugar out...

11. Thanks for the input everyone. I am new to fem seed and forming an opinion. For many its black and white per poll.

12. bam

13. Taking clones off of a feminized plant is a perpetual harvest of that strain - unless you get sick of it after the first grow. that expensive feminized seed not only will give you a perpetual grow, but a clone will save valuable time germinating and nursing a seedling to health. No more starting from seed, just stick a shoot of new growth in a jiffy pellet, wait for roots to show, and you're off...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Never had a Fem that was good as the original.

Tried Barneys Farm G13/Hz, Sweettooth, LSD, Sensi Blue Moonshine and also still have the original Non Fems of those, and the originals are a good magnitude better. The Fem BM was nothing like the original.

15. I always run fem seeds and never had one fail. Just saves a lot of time and headache. If you get good genetics you still get great bud

2017 DWC Journal

First DWC (basement grow Room)