Another noob question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shredhead5150, Sep 6, 2017.

1. So I just moved to Colorado and wanted to try and grow some weed. Just for fun so I bought a clone at a store and threw it in a pot with some Walmart soil. I bought a led full spectrum light. I been watering it with store bought gallon water. And seeing something going on with the lower leaves. I read a few different things it could be. But the more I keep reading think it could be something else...hehe Any help would be great. I'm just doing it for fun and not really trying to go all out pro level or anything. And trying to keep the $ low.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a few problems. Slow release soil alone wouldn't do this. Mine look fine coming from slow release just a little yellow on the tips. Here's a chart that might help.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol sorry my phone was being a bitch. Here's that chart[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here is the soil I used. It's says grow twice as big so... I figure. Hell yeah!!.. Hehe. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Miracle Gro is pretty well hated around here. Lol. There's good reason though. It's best to not use time release nutrients with cannabis.

If you want a really successful grow, I recommend doing a lot of research. Knowledge is power.

Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis

The link I posted has a lot of good info.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I came across this stuff laying around. I notice it says 7.9.5 the same as the dyna_gro for cannibis. Does anyone think this is OK to use? [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Blue zippo. I used miracle-gro all purpose plant food 12-4-8 for my autos veg stage, no growth issue or burned plants and further in cococoir. You can check my journal, I love feedback .

Shredhead I never used that but I can't see how it would be bad in veg stage of the plants life. I am currently using Dyna-gro bloom in my flowering phase. Just note go easy, like 1/4 teaspoon per gallon and work from there, do not follow Dyna-gro instructions on scheduled use. Dyna-gro are not skimpy and their nutrients are nice and concentrated.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The OP was wanting to use the Miracle Gro soil which has the time release nutrients. I've heard a lot of bad things about time release nutrients. Their plant food is a little different. You mix it and then add it to the soil. I won't support Miracle Gro because of their connection with Monsanto. I will admit I have bought Miracle Gro products before I found out about the Monsanto connection but I won't in the future. If you don't know about Monsanto, do some research. It's an evil company that is trying to own the patent to all of the world's seeds. They alter the plants so that they need their chemicals to survive and then make the farmers buy all of their seeds from them. They're trying to control the world's food supply basically.

It is possible to use Miracle Gro or other nutrients not designed for cannabis with success. You just have to do a little research and figure out what you need to be feeding.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh I agree that time release is a no no, though if its outdoor and guerilla grow it might be only option as you can't be coming and going constantly. Not going argue about but I will post this ss directly from Monsanto, a lot of internet hype for most part. They are just like any other business, they see a opportunity and they buy into it, even general hydroponics has been bought by them and they still make quality products.[​IMG]

10. I'm not talking about Monsanto modifying cannabis, I'm talking about them modifying food! I'm not trying to argue either, just saying there is A LOT of info out there about bad things Monsanto has done. All of it can't be false. It's one of those things that you'll just have to look up for yourself and decide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. You are aware scientists are constantly modifying food so it grows in harsher conditions, grows faster, and is has more resistance to pest, fungus, and viruses. In fact with current climate changes, even in the USA people would be starving without these modifications. I guess these are bad things. Almost every big company has shit in there closest, but so does almost everyone in the world, its not a perfect place.

12. I'm talking about modifying the plants so that they are dependent on chemicals made by Monsanto to survive. The farmers have to spray Roundup on the crops to keep weeds out. Roundup kills the weeds but doesn't kill the crop. I know chemicals have been part of agriculture for a while but they're taking it to new levels. They own the patents to these plants/seeds. They're trying to make it to where you have to buy your seeds from them. When the crop is harvested, the farmer doesn't collect the seeds and grow them the next year, he has to buy them from Monsanto the next year and on and on. They have clauses in their contracts that say if the farmer saves any of these seeds, Monsanto can sue them and basically take everything they have. They've done that to people before. They are working their way to controlling the world's food supply through these altered plants. I don't know about you but I don't want 1 corporation to control all of the seeds used to grow the world's food. There's so much more bad shit that they've done that I'm not gonna try to list here and I'm sure a lot more that I've never read about.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah man but that wasn't what he was talking about. This is why I am in the process of getting set up to grow all my own fruit n veg. Well the most part of it anyway the meat can wait until we emigrate in a few years.

My latest creation...SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE & GHOST WRECK

14. True what Monsanto does with GMO crops.
    But here's the thing, there are very few food crops that Monsanto controls.

Corn, soy beans and sugar beets are pretty much it.

I don't eat much corn, I don't eat soy beans and soy products because their not good for men's health and I don't eat processed sugars.

Monsanto holds no power over this consumer.

I do eat and drink some things that aren't too good for me on occasion.
    Sodas and bread do have GMO product in them but I try to keep it to a minimum.

• Like Like x 1