Another 'how long til harvest' thread, sorry!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by a_newbie_grower, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Still trying to calibrate my mind on what percent is cloudy vs what percent is clear. I can't seem to tell so I'm looking for a little help.

62F soil grow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks about 61.5% cloudy (seriously.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I thought it was more clear than that. I suck at this. Thanks for the reply, hoping to chop soon

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. Nice pic! I'd say around 65% cloudy, 20% clear, and 10% amber. The amber is mostly on the sugar leaves, not the buds. You've probably got a couple weeks left. How many of the pistils are white/orange?

2'x2', 3'x3' and 2'x4' - Multi-strain

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aww that sucks I was really hoping to chop by next weekend :(

6. Maybe another week? I see too much clear, nice pic. Shine on!

7. Oh and here's a wide shot so you can see the pistils
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sexy plant! and yea giving it another week or two is just going to give you a bigger yield :)

9. Beautiful buds! as others have said theyre still fairly clear, youve waited this long you can wait another week or two to get the best out of your plant :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah, I won't chop before she's ready. It's hard, especially because I expected them to be done already :(

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah i feel ya, ive never grown my own before but my friend has(I want to this year). he says that its so hard to wait at the end since the buds look so nice haha, its defenitely worth waiting though. How many plants have you grown?

12. These are my first
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Looks great for your first grow, Im jealous I cant wait to get into the growing game :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gorgeous buds man, but there's still a lot of white pistils. They'll be worth waiting for. Not only will you get a boost in yield, but you get a boost in cannabinoid content as well. What strain is that?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aurora indica. Think 1 week would be too soon?

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's really all personal preference. The advise you're getting is just what the majority of people think results in the best yield and quality. Why not harvest a couple buds in a week and the rest of the plant a week or two later? That way you get an idea of the different effects you get at different stages of maturity.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Harvesting some a week earlier would cause a lot of stress, would it not?

18. Yes I wouldn't hesitate to pick a top cola or two. They look beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #20 Robbie714, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    That was the 1st strain I grew from Nirvana. It was a Smooth nice smoke. Couch lock high. It comes down to personal preference like mentioned. Some harvest 30 amber to 70 cloudy I like it 50/50 IMO. They Look Great man. Nice and frosty, let them go another 7-14 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forum mobile app