2'x2', 3'x3' and 2'x4' - Multi-strain

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Charlie0824, Jun 19, 2016.

1. #1 Charlie0824, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    I'm a first time grower. Just got legal here in Michigan. While I was waiting for my magic card to show up, I made a grow cabinet out of an unused garage storage cabinet, made about 20 Amazon orders, a few trips to the hydro store, and ordered myself some seeds from Nirvana. A couple weeks after that grow got started I got a shipment at work in a big wooden box and decided it would make a perfect veg cabinet and I could flower in the other. Since I had already started the Bubblelicious in the big cabinet I decided to fire off a few of the freebies in hopes of a simultaneous harvest. Now I'm going to try and start to grow journal so I can document this.

What strain is it?
    Feminized Bubblelicious by Nirvana x1
    Mystery freebies from Nirvana x3

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
    Veg

If in Veg... For how long?
    Bubblelicious sprouted 4/28
    Freebies sprouted 5/17-5/20

Soil or Hydro?
    Coco/perlite roughly 80/20
    Bubblelicious is in a 5 gallon fabric pot
    The freebies are in 1 gallon fabric pots. I'm considering upsizing them to two gallon pots this week before the flip to flower.

Size & type of growing space?
    Bubblelicious - 2x3x6' modified storage cabinet
    Freebies - 2x2x3' modified shipping crate

Size of light?
    Bubbleicious gets a 150w HPS and two 42w 6500k CFLs
    Freebies get a 150w LEDs and six 26w 6500k CFLs

Is it air-cooled?
    Yes. Big cabinet has a 4" 260cfm exhaust pulling from next to hood. Passive intake from gaps in cabinet panels. Small cabinet has two 20cfm intake fans and two 23cfm exhaust fans

Temp of Room/cab?
    Both stay between 72-78° with the lights on and 65-68° with the lights off.

RH of Room/cab?
    Both cabinets are in my utility/furnace room which stays at or slightly below 45%. After feedings the RH in the cabinets can creep up to 55%

PH of media or res?
    Bubblelicious - 5.8 feeding and runoff
    Freebies - feeding @ 6.0, runoff has been as low as 5.5. Has somewhat corrected with more frequent feedings bigger pots.

Any Pests ?
    No.

How often are you watering?
    Bubblelicious - every 3-4 days
    Freebies - every 2-3 days

Type and strength of ferts used?
    All plants are fed with pH'd tap water and General Hydroponics Flora Series Micro, Gro, and Bloom and also CaliMagic. I feed 1/2 to 3/4 of what GH recommends, except the CaliMagic which I use are full strength, 1.5mL/gal.

All plants have been LST'd, topped, and have undergone light defoliation. They're fed with pH'd tap water every third feeding. I'm also trying to root a couple small 3-4" cuttings from the Bubblelicious in water under makeshift humidity domes in the small cabinet and a big 8" cutting in a mini hempy bucket in the big cabinet. I don't expect anything from the cuttings, but seeing some roots would be nice just to know I can do it.

Here are some pics from today. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 7
  2. Looks like you know what you're doing

Nice

• Like Like x 1
  3. Are you getting a bigger light for flowering?

4. Here's some older pics from the Bubblelicious grow. I had a calcium deficiency for a while. I corrected it by switching from distilled water to tap water. I got a little bit of nute burn after one feeding as well, no problems since. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. Thanks! Like I said, these are my first grows. I've been doing a ton of research though.

• Like Like x 4
  6. No. I'll flower under the 150 with more supplemental CFLs.

7. I'll throw more older pics up tomorrow of the younger plants.

8. Here's pics of the freebies. They had some weird growth to start. The leaves were all twisted and droopy, but they grew and stayed green. I always had pH issues with them too, I suspect that's what caused the atypical leaf growth. When I'd feed them I could never get the runoff pH above 5.6, even though my feedings were pH'd to 6.1. Since transplanting into the fabric pots the runoff has consistently been 5.7-5.9 and their growth has exploded. I'm done training and defoliating them for now. I reworked the LST and took a few fan leaves off each of them yesterday. I want them to have a week to recover before they get flipped. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Looks like you might be going a tad heavy on the watering. Usually what the heavy looking crinkled droopy leaves mean without droopy stems.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's what I thought too. In their original 32oz pots they were only getting watered when they were bone dry, every 3-4 days. I'm under the impression that as long as there's sufficient drainage it's nearly impossible to overwater coco.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Pics from tonight. No maintenance or feedings tonight, just rearranging under the lights and tucking old fan leaves under new growth. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Last week I made a new shelf for the bubblelicious plant to sit on. It's a wire baking rack held onto three aluminum poles that I cut down to size with Velcro ties. I lets me water the plant without having to take it out of the cabinet. I bought a Rubbermaid tub to sit underneath and catch the runoff. Today, while I was watering, I dropped my pH meter into the runoff tub. Now it's acting all funky and I'm pretty sure it's done for. It won't stay calibrated. I had to order a new one which comes with a TDS meter. This will be my third TDS meter. I haven't got one to work right yet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. I plan on flipping to flower on Saturday. Is it recommended to do a good flush before making the flip?

14. So it looks like I've got a little nute burn on the Bubblelicious. The new growth tips are slightly yellow at the ends. The feeding I gave her last night wasn't any different than the previous two, so I'm not sure what could've caused it. Maybe there's too much buildup in the roots. Should I flush her tonight to avoid any further damage, or just wait until the next feeding?

On a brighter note, the Freebies seem to have fully recovered from their topping and trimming last week because there's a shitload of new growth today. One of them grew into the lights and burned a leaf or two. I was contemplating waiting a couple weeks to flip these so I could finish them under the HPS to fatten up the buds, but I don't think I'll have time. They'll have to flip with the Bubblelicious this weekend.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. if it's spreading too much you can flush it. a minor nute burn isn't always a call to flush. most say you should flush around once a month. really i think it depends on the nutes your using how often you need to flush. flushing is primarily to prevent salt buildup.

16. Thanks for getting back to me PNW. I just remembered my pH meter is broken. I had almost a gallon of pH'd water left from yesterday so I just dumped that in. Everything I've read about this strain says it's very nute hungry. That doesn't seem to be the case with this plant. I've never fed it full strength nutes and this is the second time it's gotten burned.

17. i got burns with the gh line in my dwc buckets running it at 100% too. I'll back it off a little bit on this run. a flush won't hurt it if you think it's needed.

18. I'm reading through your journal now. Good stuff!

19. I pulled them all out and took some good pictures tonight. The nute burn from two days ago on the Bubblelicious seems to have stopped. She's getting really big, and I know she's going to stretch 1.5-2x during flower. I caved and bought a 36x36x72" grow tent today. I'll finish out this grow with the 150w HPS and some supplemental CFLs, then upgrade to a 400w.

I really like the way the freebies are growing. From just laying down the main cola and topping once I have 8-9 tops on each plant.

Last pic is preflowers on the Bubblelicious. There's none showing yet on the freebies.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5