Alternatives to bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Calidoscope, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Are bottled nutrients really neccessary..?

2. No.
    You can grow in organic soil with natural dry amendments and water only for the most part.
    Or if you wanted to grow hydro you can buy nutrients in powder form and mix your own. It's pretty much what regular farmers that grow regular crops in hydro do, and in the end its the same stuff you get in the bottle, just without the water.

3. Oh.... I'm organic that can include feeding your urine to your plants ...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have not brought bottle nutes in years and have not been to a grow shop in a year, weed is just like any other plant you grow in your garden

A good mix of dry nutes mixed in good qualty soil is all you need.

even reuse some of my soil from the last grow

• Like Like x 1
  5. How do u do that??

6. What kindve dry nutes?

7. What are some of the natural dry elements that are good for cannabis? Why?

8. That's only if you are vegan. Me asst byproducts in urine is bad for plants.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I use master blend combo for my hydro setup, and also for outside I water around the plant with a strong mixture of it. It's cheap and works real good. I switched from GH 3 part to this about 4 or 5 grows ago and won't go back.

• Like Like x 2
  10. No they are not. Look for a book by someone who calls himself The Rev. He is a writer for I think Skunk magazine. Anyway the book is called "TLO: True Living Organics". That should explain everything from top to bottom. I use that as a guide for my grows and it's really useful. Good luck! I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 1 teaspoon of fresh pee per 8 liters/ 3 us gallons, is so dilutes you won't ever know nor anybody else lol
    ...its very hi in (N) and (P) even (K)

12. it won't work much if you eat lots of meat or anything with bi products like preservatives etc

eat healthy your plants will love you for it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not at all there a whole forum devoted to it Growing Organic Marijuana

Check it out it's a good read

• Like Like x 1
  14. upload_2020-6-11_18-22-48.jpeg
    A 1 pound coffee can per CF twice a year for my outside in ground sites. Every other harvest.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. just read the no till revisited thread.. all u want to know os in the first ten pages or so

• Like Like x 1
  16. chicken shit, bonemeal, fish blood and bone, sea weed, garden lime
    Jack's magic soil, use a garden sive to get any lumps out
    and I refuse 60% of the soil, food cost me about £2 a crop and 2 weeks before havest

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  17. its RE-use kamrade REUSE! ...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I ain't pissin' on my plants

• Agree Agree x 1