AK48 Autoflower x4 600W LED Hempy Hydro Scrog 2x2x4

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by skinnydrollin, Sep 19, 2016.

1. B,c and d have preflowers. A has not shown any previous flowera.
    Plant height: 6 inches.
    Lights are 14 inches away from plants.

I'm assuming Leds create nice tight nodes because the node spacing is roughly 1/2 inch to 3/4 an inch

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Also I thought I would add that I'm going to let them grow naturally and harvest main colas first, followed by side branches weeks later after they mature. I've been feed almost 100% nutes and they have been taking them well despite all the talk about how sensitive auto flowers are. I have also been adding a pinch of open sesame along with a tspn of cal mag per gallon mix. Will start adding tiger bloom as well. I water about once every 4 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. LED's do keep better node spacing. Depending on the light you can have quite the distance without causing stretch. One thing to think about is typically LED plants use 10-20% less nutrients than HPS grown. If you're used to hps you may want to skimp slightly to prevent burn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea I was planning on doing a slight flush to king of rinse the reservoir since I have been using a full load and probably have unused nutes sitting down there with the lava rocks. I'm assuming if I let them grow naturally then I will be able to harvest the main colas first and then let the little secondary ones mature before cutting them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Day 31 update

I figured I'd go into a little bit more detail during this update as far at nutes go. I've been feeding these autos with Fox farm nutrients since day 1. I started off at 25 percent nutes even as seedlings, 1.5 tspn of big bloom and .5 tspn of grow big, then I worked my way up to full 100 percent feedings of 3 tspn bb and 2-3 tspn grow big. About week 2 I added 1 tspn of cal mag to the mix up until now. I have mixed 3 tspn of big bloom, 1.5 tspn of grow big, 1 tspn of cal mag and .5 tspn of Tiger bloom with a pinch of open sesame.

So far 3 out of the 4 plants have shown sex. One is taking quite a while to show but I figured that once I cut out the veg mix and start feeding the bloom mix it will force it to flower. At day 35 regardless, I'm going to feed bloom mix of grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom and open sesame. Not saying that I don't believe you can burn autos with full strength nutes, but I have been pushing it the entire grow according to other "references". And the fact that they are super healthy should maybe make people reconsider depending on the results I get.

Ph has been kept at 5.8 up until now as well and at day 35 I will move the ph up to about 6.0-6 1 for bloom.

Temps have been between 75-and 95 at the hottest for the entire grow.

3 of the plants that show sex.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Plant that has not shown sex is super healthy and very bushy. Tons of bud sites and nodes that haven't quite popped out because of the huge fans leaves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will watch this off plant closely and hopefully it shows sex by at least day 40. If not I may remove it from the tent and place it in a cardboard box or something to incite flowering. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. nice grow! My autoflower is 3,5 weeks behind on yours, so i will be keeping a close eye on this :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Day 54

Fed 3 out of the 4 half strength nutrients with an extra touch of Tiger bloom and cha ching. One plant where the flowering started a week later is getting 100 percent nutrient diet, pH at 5.9-6.0.

Buds are building up nicely on the ones that are ahead by 1 week or so. Some purple leaves and purple buds on one of the plants as well. The tent smells pretty dank, like an old box of golden crisp or smacks lol. Looks like Leds are kicking butt right now, I lowered the lights about 2 inches because they have appeared to stop stretching. This could be good or bad but I'm trying to get better light penetration and intensity to the bud sites below. Not much pruning to do at this point as well. Here are a couple of pics, enjoy:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'll have more detailed pic when I can take them out for a prune and watering next week.

current grow: 600w led https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1422314/

400w hps hempy- https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1247742/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice, glad I found this journal. We started our grows within a day or two. Looks good and gonna watch the rest of this grow.

• Like Like x 1