AK48 Autoflower x4 600W LED Hempy Hydro Scrog 2x2x4

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by skinnydrollin, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Strain Information
    Nirvana AK48 Feminized

Genetics Colombian Gold x Thai x Mexican x Afghani
    Plant Type Hybrid
    Cultivation Indoor
    Plant Height Medium
    Average Yield 400 - 500 g/m² in SOG
    Flowering Period 7 - 9 weeks

Grow Setup
    2x2x4 Tent
    4 Inch Inline Fan 240 CFM
    (2) 1x2 Inch Catch Trays
    6 Inch Clip Fan
    PVC scrog net

Lighting
    Two 300W LED Fixtures ~185 True Draw

Grow Media/Style
    4 Custom Made Hempy Perfect Pots 1x1x1 with rigged up drainage system. Since this is a scrog and I will not be able to move the plants after the net is installed, I installed long drainage tubes for the back 2 plants. This will allow me to use a catch pan to drain and test run off with ease. The front pots will have front facing drain tubes.
    Bottom layer: Lava Rocks
    Middle/Top Layer: Perlite/Coco Mix

Nutrients
    Fox Farm Ocen Forest Hydro Trio: Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. Will most likely pick up some CalMag and Bud Candy.

Germination/Seedling
    4 Shot Glasses with Rapid Root Starter Plug (Peat)
    Using 2.5 Gallon Aquarium and T5HO to start

Attached Files:

2. Great set up man I'm subbed for this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Wells its about Day 3 from seed and i have moved the autoflowers into their new home. From shot glass plugs to perfect pots.

I ended up having to build a pvc ramp to make the drain tubes more accessible.

I also watered with 50% of the recommended nute mix for seedlings, not to much though. Ph 5.9

The are currently under juat 1 300w led as the other should arrive in the mail tomorrow. Temps are super hot out 90-100 but I dont really see thia being that big of an issue now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG][​IMG]

Well I received my additional all 300w led light in the mail and installed it. I used paint dip sticks and velcro to level and space both led panels, kinda neat huh lol. Anyways here are pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Day 12 update:

So far so good I guess. It appears that I have either have a slight bit of nutrient burn or a call mag deficiency. They are still growing at a pretty good rate. I think I will lay off on the watering for a couple of days and pick up some cal mag for my next water and see how that goes. First time with coco and first time with autoflowers so I feel like a noob again

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Kinda looks like bugs have been nibbling on your babies. And I've always seen the ph up and down like you have in petco and wondered if it would work for plants haha I guess so since your seedlings are looking pretty good so far

• Like Like x 1
  7. After looking into it more, it is definitely a call mag deficiency. The spots are kind of rust colored and the media is coco/perilite. Just don't see how at 12 days these things need full strength nutes plus cal mag lol. And by these things i mean aito flowers. They are growing well though. Next feed I will be giving 3/4th strength fox farm nutes big bloom, grow big, and 1 teaspoon of cal mag on top of that phed at 5.8

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well the local hydro store wants to dang much for the ph up and down so I picked up some of that from petco 10$ for both as opposed to 30 bux for the set at the hydro shop. Only problem is, it takes like 10 drops per gallon to be effective. I have a reef tank as well so it all works out hahaha.

9. Dude that's sick I love saltwater tanks there so dope. And you should take a look on Amazon I forgot the price but you get the tester drops and a decent sized bottles of ph up and down. And yeah that stuff is expensive but it goes a really long way, like I used 3 drops in a half gallon container.

By the by if your tap is not really fuckin hard you can use that and not worry about cal mag tap water is actually great for plants as long as it doesn't have chlorine in it, I live in the willamette valley in Oregon and the tap here works great for my babies, btw here's a pic from the grow I got going on, growin some Durban poison and tangerine [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Turn out you were right! I woke up this morning and went to check on the plants and Wallach! There were 3 baby caterpillars chilling on the worse looking plant. They were about a half centimeter long. I had to tweeze them off the plant and removed the pot for further inspection. After about a 5 minute examination, I placed the pot back in the tent. I'll probably pick up some bug spray the next time I'm out just in case but wow, I've never had caterpillars on my plants ever.

11. #14 skinnydrollin, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Day 16:Doused with soapy water for a little bug Control, watered as normal. About 4 or 5 more days and I'll place the screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Day 19:

So a couple of days ago I found these things eating my leaves.[​IMG]

I purchased this and it wiped them all out. No burn or anything. Everything has bounced back and even the plant that was affected the most has made a tremendous comback.[​IMG]

Pic of all plants[​IMG]

Pic of the most damaged plant now in full health [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. So after doing a bit of research, I don't think I'll be scrogging the girls as a 2x2 grow space with 4 plants would be overkill. It would also lead to overcrowding and possible mildew issues. I will just perform some basic lst if necessary and a little lollipop ing. At least I have a scrog net ready specifically for this tent whenever I decide to run 2 photos.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Still on the fence of whether I should scrog 4 plants in a 2x2, while pruning lower growth. Anyone have any insight?

15. Day 25

2 plants showing preflowers. Really trying to figure out if I should put the scrog net over them now or is it too late?

[​IMG][​IMG]