A lot of hate and hostility in these forums?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarriedToMaryJ, Apr 15, 2017.

1. #1 MarriedToMaryJ, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    I think that when a noob grower try's to come in and he's doing good for his first time as a beginner in my opinion. A lot of people have more negative things to say than good. I see some people really try to help but most try to show there Grow and how things should be done which is good but some do it in a way where it comes off as ignorance. I think that we have all been there at one point and we have all had our first Grow. I think that first time growers would be more comfortable creating threads if most weren't getting criticized for believing in themselves in pulling off a successful first Grow. although it has also happened to me I don't take it personal but I have seen it happen many many times to beginner growers. Which causes them to stop posting. Just be more accepting that a first time grower might not be as good as you. I'm sure they would like to learn from a person instead of being criticized by one. Keep the peace

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Word. I Will only be abbrasive to someone who's an askhole. Asking for help. Taking none of the help and advice offered and them they come back.

I'm not an old grower. Almost 3 years I'm 2 months. But I try and help best i can

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. A lot of times I'll show my grow just so I don't look like I'm blabbing out the side of my neck and actually know what I'm talking about.

Sometimes something can also sound offensive when it wasn't meant that way. One of the problems with text is it's really hard to convey emotion of feeling and things can get misinterpreted.

I've seen a mix here but more people that like to help then some other forums. Most times the rude comments are just tough love truth or people trying to be funny. As a beginner I always try to approach a new forum with a thicker skin. It doesn't help learning to get offended. That's what you're here for is to learn. Just let offensiveness slide off and laugh at it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yea man I totally understand where your coming from. This mainly stemmed from me seeing a thread started by someone on rollitup.org and he was just getting bashed in by several people.

5. It can go both ways also. I have seen some first time growers who make threads and make it seem like there open to advice but when they get it they shut it down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm a first time grower and I've had nothing but POSITIVE criticism. Some things people type may seem harsh but honestly.. a new grower ask so many questions that have been answered many times. I can see how an experienced grower might get a little attitude about the same shit asked over and over again when they OP need to do a bit more searching.

First grow! Come check it out and give some helpful tips! 6 plants 4x2x5 grow

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's dumb to ask questions get the answers the person asks for but they continue to say it has to be something else. Plants aren't complex. We researched what does what and we know what solves what. People are ignorant

8. :confused_2: To be honest, I really don't see what you are talking about. Maybe I just don't get around enough I normally hear mostly kind things and information being spread.

But I do hang around new grower threads a bit and chime in on them. I don't really see any flames happening in them though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Because those guys are serious about making it to harvest. haha I'm on my first harvest and I'm thinking I'm doing pretty good... because I researched and asked serious questions and I got serious answers but the people the OP is mainly talking about I'd assume are the same people that end up in the New GC Members Be Like :
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/New-GC-Members-Be-Like-:.1178074/ like guys who are determined to flower multiple plants in a 2x2 with 70 something watts of cfl and think they'll get a half pound. Lol or they use clumped up dirt from outside and have a muddy mess... or the hundreds of people who have came by growing in mason jars and they'll be quick to say they are right and you are wrong yet they'll never have a chance of making it to harvest lol.

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

10. My fav moment was when someone on rollitup said they got over 20 seeds from a 7 gram bag of weed. Made it into a grow with me telling him it was hermied bud and he spent all this money to grow these seeds. For them all to become hermied... lmao

• Like Like x 2
  11. This thread reminds me of when I was a child . the teacher told me it was not very nice when I did something . were not kids stop talking to us like we are. If some people are ass holes then call them out on it.

12. That's the reason I left rollitup. I always try to be helpful to the noobs if I know the answer to their question and problem - and encourage them when they do good. However I do make negative remarks to people that give the wrong or poor advice to the OP. If people only responded when they actually knew the answer from first hand experience - there would be a lot less mis-informed new growers. For instance - I don't and never have grown in soil, so I don't give advice to soil growers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You should repost this in my bitch post I created .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. A lot of the time New Growers come on here, ask questions. Get answers but will tell u ur wrong even if your giving 100% accurate information if they don't like ur answer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Apparently you don't like it when someone disagrees with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. it does get frustrating that every damn section is amateur hour when it should only be in the beginners section. that being said i try to offer advice when i can or if im ask. THE OTHER issue is seeking advice and then arguing when they dont hear what they wanna hear.

17. feel free to disagree its perfectly fine . i was just saying the bitch post would of been perfect for this . seriously there is a bitch post

• Like Like x 1
  18. Saw a post the other day where the kid expected to flower a pound plant with a Mars 300. Lmao

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lmao I might have seen the same thread

• Like Like x 1