9 days old, looking okay?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ambient206, Apr 25, 2016.

1. My seedling is now indoors under a 125 cfl 6500k growing bulb. I have corrected the over watering issue and had to transplant it twice. It fell once. Notice some yellowing and Browning very slightly on the cotyledon s. Purple stem to. How is it for the trials and tribulations at this age? [​IMG]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looks ok to sat been tranplanted twice already! Next time u repot it put a mix of perliter in . It helps wi drainage and airiation for roots. And fill ya pot to top wi siol too. But yes looks good for wat is been through love... gud luck love xxx

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ps purple stem is prob stress and/or nutes in siol. Keep and eye on it . Dont over water or feed it love. Xxx

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys. Trying not to worry it to much. Does a lot of good to hear it looks healthy. I do this same thing with the kids lol. Does my kid look healthy?! Am I shotty parent?! Who let me have this??

• Like Like x 4
  5. It loves when you leave it alone. Gotta resist the urge. If you want to look at her come up with tasks to do to make her home better. Add another light, make sure you have good reflect going on. And lots of reading :) the more you leave her be the more light she can take in, and the faster she will grow.

Looks good so far, them starter leaves will fall off no worries about the colors on them. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 3
  6. So it's looking much healthier minus one new development, it now appears to have the slightest yellowing tip on it's newest leaf of the first three finger set. Pic included.
    I know plants will not be perfect and as I said im trying to relax. I'm running cfl so light burn doesn't seem right. And it's on the newest set. If it progresses I'll flip out but for now I'm just curious if this is normal for seedlings.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. My 7 day old seedlings are doing the same they look like they are gonna turn yellow I think water isn't going through right top of soil dry but bottom is wet what should I do thanks

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I wouldn't stress so much. At this age all you really need to be doing is watering it. When the cotyledons fall off is when you need to start listening to the plant. She will tell you what she needs and when. What soil are you using?

My Journal

9. Happy frog soil with mycorrhizae and humic acid I kinda want to put them in a 3 gallon already

10. MG organic choice potting mix. Yes I am switching to FFOF this weekend most likely. Ugh with orchids I only needed an ice cube lol.
    I let her dry up pretty well and today I watered it according to growweedeasy.com and waited for about twenty percent drainage. I'm going to leave it alone for awhile now.
    I noticed that the Browning and fold have become more pronounced. Curious if this is some micro nutrient deficiency? It doesn't look symptomatic of the NPK group.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the advice I'll wait a day or two c what happens what kind is she mine are blackjacks

12. Dutch Treat from bag. I know it is because it came from recreational shop in Washington. Grower is canna sol. 24.13 thc. 0.03 cbd. It's the best im going to get from bag lol. I thought nute burn as well mainly because soil is MG organic choice potting mix.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I bet it's nutrient burn too. MG has the wrong ratio of nutrients etc. You're also doing too much to the plant so soon. Stressing it out. Next time start in a solo cup with a medium that has no nutrients and wait at least 3 weeks before you think about transplanting. I hope she makes it and best of luck to you.

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh btw it's def not a deficiency. It's too much nutrients for its little body. They don't need any nutrients so early. It's possible that Fox Farm will burn it also...but in the long run its a much much better soil

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  15. I felt I might. I should transplant asap and hope she makes it no? Like I said im going FFOF. I'm also getting more seeds in case this goes South which seems like it might.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You have a 50/50 chance of survival no matter what you do. You could risk stress and everything to immediately transplant or you could ride it out for a little longer and she what she does. Like I said Fox Farm may also burn her but only bc she's so young. There's no telling what nutrients that MG is throwing at her due to time release and all that jazz.

My Journal

17. You DO want to get it out of that soil at some point. Just want to be clear on that

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'll try to help you too...wanted to address OP first though. What's up

My Journal