Iron's Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Ironhead, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Hello! I'm Ironhead. I have been growing in coco for about 5 years now and I've drummed up a lot of interest in the way that I do things. I've previously had a thread that outlines what I do, but it got a bit confusing as I was still figuring things out.

I will state this warning now as I did before, this thread is subject to change at any time.. I usually let ya know if I'm gonna change something.. And I've got it figured out pretty good now, so maybe there won't be a need for that, just wanted to let y'all know.

Anywho.. This time I think I'm gonna break it up into a veg and flower mix.. They are a little bit different, but just as easy as it was before. I'll also show my cloning and seed start methods, how I water, and other techniques I think of as I come across them.

So first off, let me say that this is definitely based around the work that GratefulH3ad and Lucas did long before I came along.. I just recognized the need for something more than just the basics as these guys preached, which is the way I grew for years, but once I started with the additives, the cannabis really got good.

Best part of this formula is you can use tap water with no PH'ing or using a PPM meter.. Just isn't needed. Hands down the very best part of this whole deal.. I hated messing with those stupid pens.

That being said, veg formula is as follows:

General Hydroponics Micro at 6ml per gallon--$11.36/quart :

[​IMG]

General Hydroponics Bloom at 9ml per gallon--$8.72/quart :

[​IMG]

General Hydroponics Cali-magic at 1.5ml per gallon. If you want plants that grow fast with no deficiencies, this is the stuff to get ya there. Must have! Cheap too! --$12.50/qt

[​IMG]

SM-90 at 5ml per gallon throughout all of veg and flower until the flush at the end. This is for the roots.. Makes big shiny bright white roots explode out of the pots.. Also deters bugs in the most awesome way.. No more pests of any kind.. Helps to prevent mold and rot. It's a must have.--$17.00/quart :

[​IMG]

House & Gardens Drip Clean at 1ml per gallon also throughout all of veg and flower until the flush at the end. This is great stuff.. Keeps the salt build up to a minimum.. Before I used this, I was getting lots of salt build up on the pots and down in the drip trays.. It was a butt load, not just a lil bit. The Drip Clean knocked all that out.. Keeps the medium nice and salt free.--$19.99/250ml :

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------

Above this line is all I start my seeds with.. Straight down into 50/50 coco and perlite. Cover for 48 hours, then put under light. I only bottom feed in the tray they are in, never feed from the top at this stage.. Let them drink as they want. :

[​IMG]

Once the seedlings have 3-4 sets of leaves, I'll start the Root Excellerator at 1ml per gallon.. This stuff is pricey but so worth it for the roots. Love the big thick tangled root mass that comes from using this product.--$62.11/250ml :

[​IMG]

Photosynthesis Plus at 7.5ml per gallon The stinky rotten egg stuff.. Haha wait til you. Crack this bottle. P-yew. But it works! And it works well! Has all kinds of bacteria and fungus in there. You can see how it positively effects the plants almost overnight. They really enjoy this stuff. I give it twice a week in veg and flower.--$18.86 32oz :

[​IMG]

That's the veg feeding with the seedling mix separated from the full veg mix. I'll feed every feeding in veg and flower. Never water only. Always nutrients. The Drip Clean keeps it all clean so there isn't a need to flush the medium.

Flower formula coming up next!

• Like Like x 16
  2. #2 Ironhead, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Ok so the flower formula is a little different with the base nutrients. Right at the flip I drop the Micro to 4ml per gallon and up the Bloom to 10ml per gallon.

I will also start doing plain water feedings in flower every 3-4 days.. Just plain water, nothing added to it. Saves ya some money on nutrients and the plants seem to enjoy it.

So that makes it

General Hydroponics Micro at 4ml per gallon:

[​IMG]

General Hydroponics Bloom at 10ml per gallon:

[​IMG]

Cali-Magic at 1.5ml per gallon:

[​IMG]

Sm-90 at 5ml per gallon:

[​IMG]

Drip Clean at 1 ml per gallon:

[​IMG]

Still using the Photosynthesis Plus at 7.5ml per gallon 2 times a week. :

[​IMG]

And Canna Cannazym is also started at the flip. This stuff will break down old dead organic matter within the root zone turning it to usable nutrients for the plant to utilize. I love this stuff. The bottle recommends 10ml but I was flying thru it at that ratio, so I dropped it down to 5ml and still get the same results without breaking the bank.--$29.00/liter :

[​IMG]

At the flip, I'll start with Floralicious Bloom at 1ml per gallon. Not the Plus! Too much Nitrogen in the Floralicious Plus and all they did was add bacteria that is in the Photosynthesis Plus without all the added Nitrogen. A bloom enhancer is needed and this is the answer.--$20.95/quart :

[​IMG]

Also at the flip to flower, I start adding General Hydroponics FloraNectar at 2.5ml.. Once I drop out the FloraBlend, at the start of week 4, I bump up the Nectar to 5ml per gallon.This has molasses and Magnesium Sulfate along with some other sugars.. Really brings out the frost on the plants.--$16.50/quart :

[​IMG]

General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom at 2ml per gallon. I'll start this on day 7 after I flip to 12/12. This will bring the weight big time. Use it with every feeding til the flush... I didn't start hitting big weight until I started with this stuff.--$16.95/quart :

[​IMG]

And General Hydroponics FloraKleen at 10ml per gallon for the flush at the end of the plants life, or about the last 2 weeks or so. Even tho we give drip clean the whole time and technically there shouldn't be any salt build up, I like to use the FloraKleen just to make sure.--$7.50/quart :

[​IMG]

And that's about it. This should work with just about every strain out there.. Of course the longer ones will need to have the time adjusted slightly on some things, but it should work overall for everyone. If not, I guess we'll find out! Haha works very very well for me.

• Like Like x 18
  3. IN

• Like Like x 4
  4. 1st

• Like Like x 4
  5. This Method Works GREAT Folks

• Like Like x 6
  6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  7. Some pictures of the types of plants you can expect to produce with this method:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 21
  8. Thanks IH! Subbed and taking notes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  9. Subbed

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  10. And There we have it Folks
    Thanks Iron clear and concise

• Like Like x 6
  11. I'm pulling up a stool and just cracked a fresh brew. I didn't notice the nectar on there. Ate you not adding the nectar

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4

12. Just added it! Too quick!

• Like Like x 3
  13. You forgot to mention the plain watering you give is it every 3-4 feedings

• Like Like x 3
  14. Iron your a legend!!! Thanks for your info can't wait to get all my goods and start growing some chronic

• Like Like x 3

15. Fixed it!

• Like Like x 3

16. Dunno bout all that.. Just trying to share what I've had so much success with. Good luck dude! We will be right here if ya have any questions.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Thank you for taking the time to create a new thread that covers everything Iron. My grow would not be anywhere near where it's at now if it wasn't for you bro!

Northern Lights using this formula
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Platinumkidd Coco LED/ CFL Grow

• Like Like x 7
  18. I have a question. What's the best way to tell how much nutrient mix to make per feeding and how long can a nutrient mix sit for?I don't wanna go mixing 3litres if I only need 1L

• Like Like x 5
  19. Hey Ironhead, did you drop the GH Silica?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2

20. If ya only need a liter, just mix up a liter.. It can sit for a few days and be fine. Prolly not on the Photosynthesis Plus days tho.. It starts to smell really sour and yuck if it's left to sit.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.