2x2x4 2x300w LED (GDP & OGKUSH)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jayduuub, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Hey friends, the past few months I've been lurking grows and my inner greenthumb needs to be expressed. So I bought some things at a local hydro store and of course amazon.

I am a medical card holder, in the state that I live I am allowed to grow 6 mature plants and hold 8 ounces dry weight. With that being said this is a journal kept for my own recordings and gain knowledge from fellow blades. In addition I hope to help out as my learning develops.

This is the full tent setup once everything arrives
    -2x2x4 grow tent
    -2x300w meizhi led
    -Ventech 4' 190cfm fan
    -4' carbon scrubber
    -speed controller
    -small circulating fan
    -thermometer/humidity reader

I purchased at my local dispensary two clones. They are KingKlones GDP & OG Kush. Throwing these girls in 3 gallon mesh pots with ffof soil. I will be feeding with ff nutrients along with calmag and molasses when the time is needed. I also will be reading water ph and ppm along the way.
    [​IMG][​IMG]GDP[​IMG]OG Kush[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My goal is 3-4 ounces total, but hey I haven't done this in awhile so really I'm doing this for the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. This officially kicks off day 1 of the journey. I got ahead of myself as most do and started before everything arrived. Waiting on grow tent, fan/scrubber, and other 300led. All should be coming in before Wednesday. I will be running the lights on all night to get the roots going.[​IMG]

3. Subbed. SAME setup as me woo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey dude! I pulled 150g dry off a 185w LED light n few cfls in a 2x2x4 [platinum p300] scrogged

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jus watch light distance. Leds burn seedlings n small plants easy. Let em.build a base tan. I keep em out of DIRECT led under cfl reflector shade. Gradually letting led hit em

• Like Like x 2
  6. thanks for the heads up, because of that I slanted my light at about a 30 degree slant so there not getting laser beamed on, until I start seeing some more growth and am confident the transplant was a success. The fixture right now is about 31' away from my babies, temp has been 76-78 and humidity at 45%. They sit about 5' from soil so I don't have much veg time anyway. just checked on them and they seem to be happy so far. I'm keeping a close look at the moment. Don't really have an alternative so this will have to do.

Picking up my fan and filter tomorrow at the post office. need that grow tent asap

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nice start bro, with a 2x2 have you thought about Scrog since you wont have much vertical space?

8. Thanks brother, I have considered scrog. I just rushed my grow or I would have bought a trellis net and a drainage tray when watering. I'm thinking for these two girls I'll just pinch a few tops and train some branches to bush out more. Who knows what will happen within the next few days

9. Day 2 - looking good, already seeing the new growth. I think putting the led at an angle for now is giving them some protection while they get use to the new pot. keeping them in 24 hours of light for at least another day. Basically just waiting for the tent to come in so I will have zero light leaks, too risky at the moment to try to veg cycle 18/4.

Something came in the mail today
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Subbed up looking good J

• Like Like x 1
  11. Day 4 - still running 24/0, vertical growth is pretty much at a halt right now as I slowly introduce them to the led intensity. My main concern is light damage running 24/0 because they are so young. My grow tent should be in by the end of the day if not tomorrow.

Just gave them a very light water with some calmag, only a liter each.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Second light came in yesterday [​IMG]

All equipment is ready to grow, this grow tent is taking SO LONG the suspense kills me.
    Went to visit my friend in the mountains to learn some tips and tricks. Came back with a nice little sample package and some super jack
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. That fan (if it's a 6inch) will not disappoint in a 2x2x4 tent. I don't go above 1/2 power for the most part in mine!

Check out MY first grow!

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...-seed-from-san-diego-dispensary-meds.1428065/

• Like Like x 2
  14. #15 Jayduuub, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    It's actually a 4' and super quiet but get this, I've been keeping my babies in a closet w limited air flow until the tent comes in. Just one small circulating fan and running 24/0 light cycle. My temps are low 73 and highest 81. Humidity low 31 high 46. I'm really impressed with these LED lights so far.

Delivery this should help out with some pictures, my tent is about an hour away distance. I hope it comes tonight
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    They look happy they got a little cal mag

15. Looking good bro! Just a tip, you can run 18/6 light if you want and don't worry about no tent. You only need to worry about light leaks and exact light schedule when they are in flower. They are not producing the hormone that stimulates bloom which degrades from light

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks for the heads up my dude. Maybe it's time to switch into 18/6

• Like Like x 1
  17. Went another night in 24/0, I bent my girls over last night I can tell they are fitting into the pots nicely now. Once they grow about an inch or so I will attempt to do some topping. Might do a diy scrog base later with some pvc
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Now we're in business! Today I will hopefully have everything installed and setup. Today will start the girls 18/6 cycle. Tomorrow they should be ready for their first dose of food
    [​IMG]

19. I wouldn't feed them if they are in ffof. 3 gal of that stuff should be enough for almost the whole grow. I would add some cal mag tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2