Gsc & first time grow! Constructive criticism greatly appreciated.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 0331vet, Nov 7, 2016.

1. #1 0331vet, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Hello all! So this is my first grow. I have researched extensively but reading everything that others have shared I feel I have a good grasp on the basics.

First off set up:
    2x2x4 tent
    Mars hydro 600w (270 actual watts)
    CFL 45w 6500k
    Ventech 6in inline fan
    FFOF with 3:1 perlite mix
    FF nite lineup
    2gal plastic pot
    Water when soil is about dry.

So I started this baby in my flower garden. Found a seed in some meds I brought up North when I moved from San Diego. Plopped it in my flower bed on September 3rd in the back yard and 3 days later I had a seedling. I waited until it was about 2 inches tall and transplanted it to indoor. It did get some cooler night temps while outside. I progressed through and got all my equipment. It has now been in a controlled environment indoors since the end of September.

Currently she's in 70-77 during the "daylight" and around 65-70 during the "night"cycle with a RH ranging from 25-45. She's on 20/4. I've had to add a tub of water and a rag hanging over he side and it has added 12-20% rh. Before I did that it was only getting up to about 28%. She's been topped and I have trimmed some to open up the middle. Nothing crazy. Have LST going and continue to do that.

September 6th
    [​IMG]

September 24th
    [​IMG]

October 5th
    [​IMG]

October 16th
    [​IMG]

October 25th I constructed my "room" for the tent in my garage. It's completely made with heavy duty plastic sheeting and insulted boards.
    [​IMG]

Topped on October 5 and begin lst not to long afterwards.
    [​IMG]

November 6th
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

November 7th
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More setup pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fan for fresh intake air and heater set thermostat set at 69F. I left a small 4inch opening in the corner for my cord and to get the fresh air in.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see in pushing air through the carbon filter rather than pull because I just don't have the space for that giant fucking filter in there. I didn't realize it was going to be so big!

Also I've had the ph between 6.3-6.7 for waterings. Only given one dose of FF grow big so far.

I guess overall I'd like advise on the extra growth I've added by opening up the middle. I know that all those exposed nodes will become colas now. I'm afraid that if I leave all of them to grow it will just be an extremely slooooow grow. It has already felt that way. Should I eliminate some of those nodes? It just seems that it will be to much for the space I'm in. Also when should I switch to 12/12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Middle growth seems to be slow. Half gallon watering tonight. 1 tsp of big bloom and grown big. 10-15% runoff. PH 6.6 in and 6.2 out.
    Temp: 74
    RH: 38%

Anyone with advise on if I should switch to flower soon?

Do we have a little lady??!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. This morning I cleaned up the middle. Got rid of slower growth that's just lagging. I'm sure that starting out in cooler temps didn't help the my growing process. I honestly didn't think it would even sprout! Low and behold 2 months later here I am with everything needed for in indoor grow. The girlfriend hasn't been fond of it but in the long run I know that it's going to MUCH cheaper to grow my own. It's pretty damn therapeutic too!

Almost positive I got a girl out of it! Makes it even more worth it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...-seed-from-san-diego-dispensary-meds.1428065/

• Like Like x 3
  4. There's not much that I know you can do about the slow growth. This is obviously an indica strain and because their nodal spacing is soooo tight, the growth happens at a snail's pace. You can use your light and the distance it is from the plant to get some height on it, but nothing is going to happen fast with this plant. The more you cut and top it, the more bud sites you get...but the smaller the buds. But you can prune away as long as you're in veg. Once your plant puts on buds, stop with the trimming. The indica strains are sensitive to everything and slow to recover from stress. Let it do it's thing and be done with it. But you have a nice enough setup and light to grow out some good bud, so I suggest you get yourself some sativa based strains. They're much easier to grow (IMO) and good care and the best flower lighting you can hang over them, will get you some serious yield. The height can be managed by tying down, etc., so don't worry about growth in a small space. We get between 3 and 4 oz per plant after dry and cure flowering with 4000 watts of HPS per flower room. It's around 8 x 14 and we generally flower about 8 at a time in there. You get more per plant by giving each plenty of space to grow so light can penetrate the canopy as much as possible. Crowding up plants just shades out growth and bud development. But, get yourself another one going to follow up this one with. We have a separate veg area that we keep going all the time to bring plants up while the others flower. I don't keep mothers because they take up too much space. We take our restock clones from the ones we're bringing up as replacements when I top them. I usually try to keep it to 6 - 8 tops or less per plant. They're like children and they all do their own thing. LOL We've been going for several years now and it's a lot of work and the more plants you grow, the more work it is. But once you get the process down, it takes very little time to recoup your initial investment if you're much of a smoker at all. Not only that, you never have to hunt good weed again. LOL Glad to have you at GC. And good luck with your grow!! TWW

• Like Like x 9
  5. #5 0331vet, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Thanks widow! I did some extensive research while this thing was outside. Due to my short grow space (4ft total) I'll top and lst all my plants. I just snipped all the smaller growth throughout this morning. I'm looking to get 3-6 ounces from this plant. I'm looking at putting it into flower soon. I'm concerned about the stretching. I will be adding a 125w CFL at 2700K for the flowering stage. I figured this thing would grow like a damn snail racing to salt. She already smells fragrant too!

I think something might be going on also. Just checked on her and one top of the new growth seems to be changing colors and the leaves are becoming less stiff and rigid. They look like they are browning. I'll check in the morning when I have some natural light and post a pic if so.

Thank you for all your input. Let me know about flowering time if you don't mind! I greatly appreciate it!

Check out MY first grow!

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...-seed-from-san-diego-dispensary-meds.1428065/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did you find out if it was a female plant

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I really like your setup. I've been debating on getting a tent. My plants are acting the same way. I just FIMed on about 3 days ago kinda as a test. This is my first grow as well[​IMG][​IMG] I still haven't figured out what them spots are. I'll have to start a grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's looks like possible ph problems. I idiotically put 5.5 in while I was stoned and my lower fans turned brown the same way and crispy.

This tent was like $65 on Amazon. It's not the best quality and there are light leaks but the way I have it set up that doesn't matter. But I highly suggest it. You'll have to get fans and what not to regulate heat and RH. And if smell and stealthiness is an issue then I recommend a carbon filter also!

Check out MY first grow!

9. I have a 6" 250cfm exhaust fan I have to install and I was planning on using the fan in the picture to move air around. I'm hoping that will work

10. I just went and took a couple pictures. If you zoom in on them. Do you have any idea what all the little spots are. Does it look like spider mites to you?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. #13 0331vet, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So here are updates pictures. Lights just came on.
    44rh
    74 temp

I'm leaning more towards just a light burn because I have the 45w CFL 6500k on the backside and I rotate her a few times a day. It was kind of low before I noticed this spot. Again it's only this one top on the plant.

Removed the remaining nodes on the bottom branches inside. Now everything it towards the ends.

[​IMG]

Check out MY first grow!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Checked on her before lights went out. Seems to be picking growth back up. Pretty sure my 3 straight days of pruning didn't help Witt that. Took longer than I would expect but then again it was 3 straight days. I will get a picture up after the lights come back on.

Debating still on when to hit the 12/12. A

Check out MY first grow!

• Like Like x 3
  14. #19 0331vet, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Its looks very well you will definately need to do alot of training with this ... the height is always a problem for me and i do auto

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app