12/12 lighting Forum!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by OneLoveRofGanja, Feb 2, 2011.

1. If anyone has any tips on 12/12 from seed please post them, I would like to learn more than i know now.

2. not sure I understand?

you want to go to 12/12 to start flowering? just change it, that's all I did.

3. I've heard of growing with a 12/12 light cycle from seed in SOG style grows. Lots of tiny plants trimmed just for the big main cola. Great if you don't need to keep a small # of plants. I think people usually use ebb and flow type setups?

4. Some breeders actually suggest growing certain strains with 12/12 from seed under certain circumstances. Someone growing a Landrace Sativa indoors with a 120+ day flowering period might use this method simply to attempt to control size.

I'm growing a number of Dr. Grinspoon plants from Barney's Farm from seed. I did not go directly to 12/12 from seed, but I can see how it might not be a bad idea... especially if you are limited by space. This strain explodes into a huge bush very quickly once you start flowering her.

That is all I got for you as I have never done it personally. I have a bunch of these grinspoon seeds I still haven't planted. Next time I'll try a scrog and go 12/12 from seed.

5. you don't need to water as often during veg due to less light/heat evaporating from the pots if you are growing in soil.

also it makes life easy for doing a perpetual grow because you can just throw whatever plants you want in at any time during any part of their lives.

PUFFER

6. From seed to 12/12 I would atleast put 3-4 sets of nodes on it, this way when the
    plant(s) Hit the 1st week veg spurt in flower it will give you 4-6 branch shoots. Branching also depends on strain. Some will stay single stalked, while others may have more pronounce lower branching. Most seedlings flowered at 5-7 inches will hit almost a foot, also depending on strain/stretch factor. GooD LucK.

7. I may be talking out of my ass. I have never done 12/12 from seed myself, but I'm pretty sure the little guys will veg themselfs until the nodes alternate..............What two and a half weeks or so? Then they will strech and flower. Is this wrong?

8. Yo! thanks for the tips, i think this summer im gonna start my 12/12 project.
    i jus dont have time right now.
    ill post some pics then, also if yall hav any pics to share i'd love to see em!
    im tryin to grow maybe an o or two per plant:smoke:

9. Your not going to get an oz a plant 12/12 from seed.... Not even close... 12/12 from seed isn't recommended because it is believed you can get a better yield with a little veg time.

10. im gonna let it get a good little size first but instead of being a dick just understand when im saying something jokingly
    thanks

11. #11 yoctown, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    You obviously have no idea how many people actually come posting thinking stuff like that or you wouldn't be calling me a dick. I hardly did anything to deserve that. With 22 posts you should see how one could make that mistake. Plus it wasn't a very good nor obvious joke.

12. That is a great point. You can introduce new plants at any stage into the same enviroment.

13. in my experience every day of veg = more bud specialy after 3-4 weeks when your plants really take off but ive never grown a pure sativa so just my 2 cents try to stick to under 10 weeks flowering

14. dont have a ac hooked to my vent system yet. I got a dehumidifier that alone will keep humidity around 50%. Anyways the question is will one day at 13 on 11 off to move my 12/12 up one hour so tent can remain open for humidity value of 39% cause in issues with plant schedule? I personally dont think it will cause a 13/11 can cause flowe but I could be wrong. Im worried leaving tent open as it is the last hour of remaining light consistently will cause issues and I cant black windows out wife will kill me lol