Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

11th week of flower...still no amber

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr.Magoo, Jun 8, 2019.

1. As the title says I am growing grand daddy purple and I still don’t see any amber. It’s about 60% cloudy and 40% clear. Is this normal? I also grew a couple other strains that ripened just fine. The red pistils on the top colas have receded but still no amber. There’s also quite a bit of foxtailing on the top colas.

Growing in coco/perlite, 3000k quantum board (600w max). Running at 160 atm.

IMG_0693.JPG IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0696.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. JUST from my recent experience;
    I grew two different autos; neither showed amber.
    My GG fox tailed like crazy.
    I'd say that I went TWO WEEKS too long, on each, waiting for the amber that never came.
    *MY* takeaway; when the plant SCREAMS "I'm done".... listen.

I'd guess that they're ready, but they are NOT my plants.
    Someone will come along....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Some strains take forever to amber but they will amber eventually (it has to) just have to be patient..

Keep a close eye on her developement.. check trichs omce a day till u see change in the trichs.. imo almost all trichs 90% should turn cloudy b-4 any amber.. so if u have a lot of clear u still got time.. dont cook her under ur lights.. keep her comfortable..

Flower tent Vegging outside the flower tent

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Sypha, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    How long is this strain supposed to run for..

Just cause the breeder finished a lil early is okay.. have to take his grow space & enviorment into consideration..

• Like Like x 1
  5. the pistils continue to amber even when drying sypha is right some strains take forever to finish but that is just how it is lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. btw they look tasty good job indeed :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I originally thought it was supposed to run for 9 weeks but I just looked it up and it’s actually 8-11 weeks. Mine must be taking longer than the norm. I will give it a little more time.

Checked the trichomes again today and some of the top buds are finally showing amber. It’s really strange though because the mix is about 30% clear 50% cloudy and 20% amber up top. Haven’t really seen this with any other strain I’ve grown. It must be do to light stress because there was a couple nanners on the top buds too that I cut off.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. The pistols are already a dark orange throughout the entire plant it’s just that the trichomes are a little out of wack on this particular grow. I’m just annoyed because I have my next set of plants ready to go I got the tent and this one just does not want to finish lol. Oh well it is what it is. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  9. Is that 8-11 weeks from seed or from flower.. it should say it in the breeders strain discription.. definitely give her more time i know its hard to stay patient this far into flower..

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had this problem with my last run, they never ambered and i went past the strain weeks cause i thought eventually they will amber, than i started to get nanners, idk what went wrong, i still am confused, how did they never amber?!? And they were a hybrid, 60% indica 40% sativa so they should have ambered

• Like Like x 1
  11. I need my tent too.. first i wanna clean n wipe the shit down everywhere b-4 placing the new ones in it.. lysol everywhere!!

12. 8-11 weeks flower only. Right now it’s on it’s 11th

13. Yeah this is a first for me. I am gonna let it go another week as an experiment. Then it gets the chop whether ready or not

• Like Like x 1
  14. Give her a lil while with a close eye on her.. unless ur space is more optimal than where the breeder grew

15. Did you remove the fan leaves? The plant might need some for the energy it takes to turn them amber. It's a beauty of a plant! but flip the picture upsidedown and it looks like it could be on the drying rack lol

16. Yeah that’s always a must

17. I removed the fan leaves so that the lower parts of the bud would ripen (about two to three weeks ago). I don’t usually remove them until near the end of the grow to ensure that it has got all the energy it needs. Haven’t run into this problem before but the ambers are slowly starting to now show. Just took a super long time I guess.