Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Unfortunatly it's not as easy as just putting them under lights early enough, ya do need the correct kind of light. People veg out there plants with anywhere between 18 and 24 hours of light. Yes, to induce flowering they need to be in a 12-12 light cycle.

2. 1st off get rid of the tin foil and replace it with white paint or white poly or mylar. Foil produces hot spots that will burn the plant. That looks like a 15 watt or soo CFL-way to little, but get it like an inch away from canopy to help at all. Get some loot to go to home depot and lemme know how much ya have to work with and I'll tell ya what to get 1st.:D

3. right now all i can aford to get is a lithonia lighting 4 ft.2 lamp. 40 watt t12 res. fluorescent strip light and a intermatic 15 amp 1750 watt 125 volt ac 24 hour heavy duty timer, im going to take down that foil today and paint the walls white. unless u can find cheap i can buy for $30 thats all i have atm.

4. Bro thats not even a grow light, thats like the light i have in my basements drop ceiling. If you can afford that, you should be able to afford some CFLs, I dont think it gets any cheaper...

5. #26 samstuff, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    here is what i found 2 40 watt cfl,s witch one should i use and how many.

Attached Files:

6. When it comes to grow lights ya have a couple options. Either ya need tons of 4ft high output flouros-not personally the way I would go- CFL's- In which the more the better ya cant have to many until it becomes a heat issue.Then of coarse HID which is the best for yield and penetration but makes alot of heat. then theres LED's but ya arent going to go there anytime soon. If you decide CFL's-your best bet, they are cheap and very effective. Get as many of the highest watt ya can find and lace it up. keep them as close as possible without touching like 1 or 2 inches away from plants.

7. cfl is the best way for me to go im growing in a closet with no venting system, just a fan on low, and two blankets stapled ove the entrance. What about carbanated water,can i use the to mist over the plant so it can use the co2

8. Personally I am not a big fan of misting with anything. The only thing I spray my plants with is neem oil for mite prevention/eradication before starting 12-12.

9. yo sam, the one on the right looks like my 105 watter so i would go with that. It cant be worse than the other one, those are the ones i have all over my house. Hope that helps..

10. hey xcho do u think i should start over,my plant is 13 to 14inches but with more leaves starting to grow ing out of the top of it. i dont think its going to get any wider than it is now. what do u think i should do:confused: even if i can sve it,wont it take even longer now, to get it were i want it?

11. just saw a video on google,he had his plant in veg for 21 days and 56days in flower. overall outcome was 96 grams:D. im gowing to throw this plant i have now in flower just for the hell of it. im going to start a new seed tomarow. i want to start off fresh and do it the right way.

12. those plants look just fine .

13. Anyone need a hand with their plants today, I'll be around.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #36 Legalizit, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    This isnt really an issue but when i was topping one of my plants, I nicked one of the two growth tips on the sides of the stem with my scissors. The other one is growing great but this one is growing really funny and slow. Is it even going to make it or should i just cut it off and deal with it?

15. Depending how bad, it will either shrivel up and fall off or it will have to heal and be smaller than it's counterpart branch. In the end it's up to you.

16. I checked it today, its a little retarded but its worth keeping...

Thanks for the reply

17. Someone has to know something about my problem, please help my poor girls from withering away. Here are some more pics, sorry for any glare. i thought it was mg deficiency so i used some Epsom salt but now i dono.. should i put them back on the miracle grow or flush again..?

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/263016-sick-leaves.html#post2912419 for more detail and yesterdays pics.

i dono wut to do =(

18. Why do you do this? People should make there own thread so they can get help from everybody instead of one person.