Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Zoning out"?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Helljumper, Sep 16, 2011.

1. So I've been meaning to ask this question for a while and I'm just now getting around to it.

So a couple of weeks ago, I was blazing with some friends (we had a lot). I was pretty high when all of a sudden I started feeling something weird. It's really hard to describe, but it's almost as if I was really high and then rapidly sobered up (within a matter of seconds) Now after this feeling of sobering up, I still felt pretty high, but it was less intense and just on a different level.

At the time, apparently I was kinda freakin' out about the feeling and one of my friends asked if I was "zoning out." Now we were all pretty baked so I doubt he even remembers saying it, or if it even meant anything, but at the time, "zoning out" felt like the perfect description for what I was going through. I was amazed at how fitting those words described what I was feeling. I was pretty much zoning out into a different type of high. After he said "zoning out", I was pretty much like, "WTF? How did you know?" and he just replied, "Trust me, I know these things". To this day, I still don't know if he was fucking with me and talking about something completely unrelated or if this is a common thing to go through while high. I've gotten high plenty of times since then and I think I've gone through this again a couple of times,

So basically, I know this is a really vague description, but I want to know if anyone else has had this same feeling? Also, if so, is zoning out a common phrase used to describe it?

2. Sounds like you just got really high and had a head rush. It's not a big deal.

3. Also, I just thought of a slightly better way to describe what I went through. It's almost as if I was in a super relaxed body high, and then quickly transitioned into a different, more aware type of high.

And when I think about it in these terms, I'm wondering if what I could have been feeling was the different effects from different strains of weed? I don't remember exactly what we were smoking, but it was a bunch of different stuff. Is it possible that at first I was smoking an Indica strain, and then what I experienced was a different Sativa strain taking over?

4. Sorry if I made it seem like I thought it was a big deal. It's not that I'm concerned about it, because honestly, it felt pretty cool. I'm just curious.

5. When I first started getting high I used to feel that, like your snapping back to reality but over & over

Don't get it anymore though

6. Happens to us all, don't worry about it. If weed changes you in any way or form, its N O R M A L. except if you start shaking the next day until you get some more.

7. #7 McWeeed, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    Was it like as if you keep fading in and out of not so aware and more aware you are high ? if so then you just got to go along with it after awhile it'll go away

8. No worries. Questions are good. It's how we all learn :)