Zodiac Signs

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by YEM, Feb 2, 2009.

1. First off, I'd like to state that it all may seem like a load of bullshit, but there must be a hidden meaning behind it all, after all it's written in the stars.

It's weird to think that the time in which you were born totally affects your life forever.
    Do you think the traits and personalities that are given to those that are born at different times of the year hold to be true?

Also, do you think that horoscopes actually fits people's lives? As in, does it apply to the situations that they are going through?

And how in hell did people read the stars and get words that describe traits out of them?!
    Astrology is astonishing!

If you want to check out your sign(s):
    http://www.gotohoroscope.com/meaning.html

2. I think there is a huge difference between astrology and horoscopes.
    Horoscopes sometimes suit whats happening in my life, but usually they don't, I treat them like fortune cookies, good advice.

I'm a Cancer/FireRabbit (Western and Chinese) and both signs fit me in very specific ways.
    I'm super emotional and family/home/hearth centered, which rings true for Cancer.
    I'm also pretty outgoing (though I have my shy moments) and am always planning, working, thinking, gogogo for me, which can be found in Fire Rabbits.

My elements seem to fight eachother as well, sometimes I'm more firey and sometimes I'm more fluid.

Maybe its all a scam, but I've looked into some of it and haven't found anything that didn't fit with me.

3. I truly believe this stuff. I was reading the horoscope for Sagittarius and no lie, it described me better than I could describe myself. It's really interesting stuff.

4. I'm a cancer/dragon.

hell yea. I'm badass. :cool:

5. I reckon horoscopes, the ones in magazines and newspapers are so annoying. There all written incredibly openly so most people will find a way for it to fit around there current situation pretty easily AND they differ from magazine to magazine or paper to paper.

I do think though that the time in which your consciousness comes into being in relation to the universe is very important. The position of the stars for example, the way in which the energy is aligned.

6. i would believe in it alot more if they didnt vary from each site or paper or whatever.
    ive read mine before and it been amazingly accurate; but still i question how valid it is, or am i just making it work with my life

7. #7 Perpetual Burn, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    Does anybody know of a better horoscope site... I mean, one that has more detailed descriptions of the signs?

8. 2 more post perpetual and your post count will be year of the ox as well.

9. Is what year it is supposed to have a greater affect on one sign compared to another?

On more post till the Universe ends. ;)

10. Get your birthdate and birth time, make sure its correct and go plug your info in here to see your real astrological reading: I think you will be suprised how accurate it is:
    Please everyone: http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal (not without birth info though, else your reading will be wrong)

Sun Sign Horoscopes are generally frowned upon by both the public and astrologers, as your sun sign is not nearly enough information to base any thing off of.

I was on the fence, but as I've put it to the test, I do believe in astrology now.

11. ^ This was a cool website. I recommend it to Perpetual Burn.