Zippo Lighters!

Discussion in 'General' started by Meneks, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I think they're pretty cool, especially if you have an arsenal of tricks you can do before you spark up a J or an L...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhFt5lmRp1I&feature=channel_video_title]ZTOTW 19 - YouTube[/ame]

Official Zippo lighter thread anyone?

What do you think of em?

2. I think they make whatever your smoking taste bad. bleh

3. I love zippos but the fluid burning taste is awful!

4. I never smoke bowls with my Zippos because of those reasons, they're perfect for lighting blunts in the wind since theyre wind proof lol...

I see them kinda like bowls in a sense that when you choose a bowl it sort of reflects your persona, kinda like what your interested in.

For example when your friend chooses a bowl you might respond with "that looks like something you would get" I feel like those certain people with zippos get that same reaction, and an even bigger reaction if you have cool ways to open it haha

5. only cool for doing lighter tricks..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtnvx-gTM4Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtnvx-gTM4Q[/ame]

6. Ive seen some reallly sweet zippos,and if thats you doing that trick thats pretty slick haha. Like old western gunslingin'.
    Ive always "lost" all the ones I've been gifted to partys or friends. I smoke cigs too, more than blunts, so they still handy for me yo even tho I agree with Pearl and Nike about the taste though, too gasey :laughing:

7. Haha, nah thats not me in the video.. I got a few tricks in my arsenal but I'm not as good as that kid.

I think it really depends on the lighter fluid that you put into the zippo...

Some fluids smell reeeeeeeeeally bad..
    Apparently you can power your zippo with alcohol

8. The stuff that was done in the first video I can do with a rifle...and the fact that zippos taste horrible. I give em a 3/10...

9. Didn't know there was so much hate for Zippos lmaooo..

To each his own I guess

• Like Like x 2
  10. Only would use them for blunts and joints.

11. My friend has one, its pretty cool I can do a couple tricks. Usually we only use them to light up a cig. Zippos and bowls don't work that great, tried it before during hurricane ike back in 08.(we were inside)

12. zippos = bad taste

13. Zippos may taste bad with bud, they are a classic American icon. As long as you know how to use 'em

14. Yeah I never use them with bowls, it just looks stupid and the wick kinda fucks up the lighting process, I only light up squares, blunts, and joints with them..

• Like Like x 1
  15. I too have a zippo (actual 3) and I bought them hearing "o they are only good for bogie's joints and blunts" but recently I just had a zippo and my friend had no lighter and we ripped his steamroller with it and honestly couldn't taste it! We also tilted the bowl more towards the direction of the zippo, so now I only use zippos and feel like a BOSS doing so lol, but anyhow I learned something online......

When u spark up a zippo a large burst of fuel is released but after that not much, so spark up your zippo and 3-5 seconds after take your hit and it INMHO taste like a bic!

Hope this helps and glad I could contribute!

Zippos <3 lmao

16. Yeah doesn't it just like, squirt a little gas on the wick and thats pretty much it? No gas is released after that?

But yeah thats good info to know especially if I dont have a bic on me

17. [quote name='"Meneks"']

Yeah doesn't it just like, squirt a little gas on the wick and thats pretty much it? No gas is released after that?

But yeah thats good info to know especially if I dont have a bic on me[/quote]

You are exactly right just a little "squirt" lmao but the wick is consestantly "damp" with fuels but no worse than a bic that is continually spitting fluid!

ZIPPOS!

18. I figured, got any tricks?

I went to my local headshop to buy some flints(I was practicing my tricks a lot at the time) and the old guy who owns the shop showed me how to change it and then busted out a simple trick..

he was a true old school stoner, opened up a smoke shop when he was 18 and kept it ever since.

19. Also most people people tip them nearly upside down like bics lmao