Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ziploc bags

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CaliKid858, Jul 11, 2011.

1. will ziploc bags keep the smell in?

2. Indeed.

Be careful touching the bag after handling your bud though. It'll make the outside of the bag smell like weed. Vaguely though, you could still put it in your pocket for example, and unless someone smelled your pocket, they'd never know.

3. Certain ones do.

4. Idk man I'd go with a jar cause from personal experiences i've had really dank weed smell through bags...

5. #5 Bblaze19, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ziplock bags will contain the smell temporarily. But the smell will eventually permeate out of the bag. A jar would be much better for containing the smell, specifically high grade buds.

6. If you have GOOD weed, put it in a jar or an airtight container.

7. I have quadruple bagged my bud in double zip bags and I could still smell it after a couple of hours.

8. ^is right.

The odor WILL permeate plastic.

The only bags are the Smelly Proof baggies, which comes in all different sizes.

A GLASS MASON JAR is always best. just be sure its COMPLETELY clean AND dry before sealing it up, you dont want your bud to mold.

9. Not very well.

Use a glass jar.

10. No they will not, at least not for any length of time. If you need zero smell seepage, use something else because ziplocs will never fail to let you down. You can use any number of bags you damn well please, but given time the weed smell will penetrate through.

As others have said, a glass mason jar is the way to go. No smell will ever get through, and once you're done storing weed in the jar, the smell washes right out and you can use that shit for jelly or whatever else.

11. yah... if your paranoid double or triple bag that shit.... can never be to careful and bags cost nothing

12. 8 or 9 years ago, when I was still a middle schooler of all things, my little hippie ass friend came to school super paranoid and sweating buckets because he knew he stunk. He asked me to smell his backpack and that was the first time I ever experienced the odor of weed, it was a pretty fucking strong smell..

I asked him "what did you put it in?" and he said he had it in a ziplock container, in a ziplock bag, inside two socks. Didn't conceal the smell at all..

13. yup

plastic bags really dont do shit

plus they add a bad taste to your herb by leaching chemicals from plastic.

glass mason jars ftw

14. anyone use the orange pill containers for bud? keeps smell out well and fits in your pocket but it only can fit like 2g what kinda sucks :smoke:

15. They suck lately I been keeping my bud inside a black film container and it works great and fits in my pocket

16. #16 Apple iJuice, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I have a telescope that I got for Christmas one year and it came with different lenses or whatever that come in a little plastic container similar to a container a small roll of camera film comes in. Works like a charm.

17. Bags can be nice for travelling as they are more easily disposed of than a nug jug. Freezer bags and the vacuum sealed ones will be the best smell protection you can get as far as bags go.

18. Go fuck yourself you spammer dickhead. Reported.